Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Storms

Thanks

Default Storms

We're getting severe storms with torrential downpours here in Rockingham and Hillsborough Counties. Everything is moving northeast along the Maine border.

There are reports on WMUR of a tornado touch down in Epsom, just northeast of Manchester with 50-100 homes damaged.

KDT

Thanks

Still in NJ, missing the crazy weather. Aside from the tornado damage, I'm jealous!!! (Love thunderstorms, hate the associated damage)

Kevin, you scared the CR@P out of me, as I read Epping and not Epsom.

Stay safe and enjoy!
    "I've learned that everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but that all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it."
    ~Andy Rooney

Follow my photography on Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jim-Sa...y/156147782386

Thanks

Default Epping/Epsom

Still pretty close, considering...

KDT

Thanks

Some of the local NH businesses have twitter accounts now

http://twitter.com/psnh - Public Service NH
    http://twitter.com/WMUR9 - Channel 9
    http://twitter.com/nhpr - NH Public Radio
    Last edited by spyboy; 07-24-2008 at 01:59 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JimS View Post
    Still in NJ, missing the crazy weather. Aside from the tornado damage, I'm jealous!!! (Love thunderstorms, hate the associated damage)

Kevin, you scared the CR@P out of me, as I read Epping and not Epsom.

Stay safe and enjoy!
    It's really fun to be on the mountain during this storm. I know you have experienced much worse but for me sustained winds of 50 mph with gusts to65 mph are brand new and awesome to experience. In a way I'm glad this one is a slow mover.
    Steve
    Is there really any BAD weather???

Thanks

We in Ashland (Exit 24 on Rt 93) has been getting hammered since yesterday. Many nasty thunderstorms overnight and probably a couple inches of rain today. It's so dark out that it looks like evening.

Man, it's hard to pack for Moose Brook when it's pouring like this outside!!

The MWO forecast looks better for Friday! I'm just clinging to that.

Valerie

Thanks

what does it look like for fri and sat
    i am a Summit Club member
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/new pictures and videos

If your not a OBS member yet then what are you waiting for

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    what does it look like for fri and sat

Quoted from Ryan Knapp on the Seek-the-Peak thread... this is for the summits...

The upper level low that has sat over the Great Lakes region the past week or so will continue northward and will become an upper level trough that will persist over New England for the next 5 days and beyond. This will continue to cycle in waves of energy that will produce rain, heavy at times and thunderstorms. A surface low will drag a cold front slowly across the region today into tonight continuing rain showers until it fully passes tomorrow (Friday) morning. This will keep things unsettled and foggy on the summits until Friday afternoon when drier air will work in behind the front. Friday night into Saturday morning will see summits become mostly in the clear under partly cloudy skies. Saturday will start out nice but as the day progresses, a low to the north will swing another cold front in. This will bring scattered showers and thunderstorms for the afternoon into the overnight hours and beyond. This front looks similar to todays, another slow mover and soaker. Humidity’s will also be increasing during the day on Saturday. Humidity’s are not as big of a deal on the higher terrain but will make things muggy on the hike down, depending on when you descent. The summits will probably see in and out of the clouds in the afternoon as a result. Highs are projected to be upper 50s to lower 60s still with early morning temperatures at mid to upper 40s. As for percentages for showers, 20-40 percent morning, 35-55 percent around midday, 40-60 percent in the afternoon. So, if I were to give advice, travel early, pack rain gear, and leave the cotton clothing at home.

Thanks

Are you're an I-93 "neighbor" I'm at Exit 23 in New Hampton

The house just got powerwashed with monsoon type rains, crazy weather blowing through today.

Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by Tim&Val View Post
    We in Ashland (Exit 24 on Rt 93) has been getting hammered since yesterday. Many nasty thunderstorms overnight and probably a couple inches of rain today. It's so dark out that it looks like evening.

Man, it's hard to pack for Moose Brook when it's pouring like this outside!!

The MWO forecast looks better for Friday! I'm just clinging to that.

Valerie

Thanks

Looking at the reports now, looks like about 50-100 houses damages and destroyed between in the epsom, deerfield and barnstead area. One fatality...

Here is a link to the radial velocity radar image of the storm. This shows wind fields, towards and away from the radar site. Areas of contrasting colors, or strong winds towards the radar next to strong winds away indicate mesocyclone rotation...

http://www.easternuswx.com/bb/index....post&p=2890074
    "I've learned that everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but that all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it."
    ~Andy Rooney

Follow my photography on Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jim-Sa...y/156147782386