Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "easiest" 4000-footer..?

Thanks

Thanks again, folks. Sage likes views from the top, and she's a pretty good rock scrambler. I guess if we choose Jackson, I'll ask her to walk herself over the rocky bits and spot her on the ledges.

I'm shying away from Tom because Alex and I really want to knock of three peaks at once when we do Tom (with Field and Willey). I can't carry Sage for three peaks, that's just too much for me.

Same with Osceola. When we do that one, we want to do both.

So we'll have to decide between Waumbek and Jackson.

Thanks again for all your input! I appreciate the advice!

Thanks

Keep us posted on which you do and how it went.
    Brad (a 6288 club member)
    http://bradstreet.zenfolio.com Personal Photo sales site
    http://public.fotki.com/bradbradstreet Personal photo web site
    http://public.fotki.com/MWO/saved/2012/ MWO image & video archive site 2006-2012

Thanks

Default Late to the Party

My vote would be for Mount Pierce up the Crawford Path. Easy hiking, incredible views, no rock scrambles. A 3 year old could make this without being carried, and no risk of injury on the rock scrambles.

Forecast for thunderstorms tomorrow afternoon, start early, or put it off for another day!

KDT

Thanks

Tom has decent views, over some scrub. Much better than Waumbek (Starr King supposedly has some, but it was foggy when I went up there) or Field. It's pretty easy, except there are at least two rather steep sections, which luckily are not very long. One of them is right after the split with Avalon and A-Z -- it goes up, down through a ravine and back up the other side. The other is further along, right before you come up to the Willey Range Trail. I would support Kevin's opinion on Pierce. I'm taking my two (6 + 8) to Jackson for my 48 finish in September, and if time permits this year, Pierce will likely be #2 (and maybe Ike for #3!)

View to the Pemi:

View toward Washington:

Tim

Thanks

KD, sounds good but we've already done Pierce. Great hike, I agree with you wholeheartedly. We went up to Eisenhower via Edmands and then came down Pierce via Crawford.

Tim, thanks for your detailed description of Tom. That was very helpful. Maybe we'll do that one, and just put of Field and Willey for another day when I'm not carrying Sage..?

My husband is gone is NEXT weekend. We weren't planning on hiking this weekend, and then we wouldn't be able to next weekend (because of my husband), so that would've meant three weeks between hikes.

HOWEVER, Alex and I DID get out yesterday. Trip report to follow on the Osceolas.

So the three of us may still knock off another 4000 footer together next week....but now if we don't, I won't mind as much (since Alex and I got out yesterday).

Wow, that was long and rambling! Sorry, haven't had the coffee yet.

Thanks

And Tim -- congrats on finishing your 48 in September!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TrishandAlex View Post
    And Tim -- congrats on finishing your 48 in September!!!
    The game is not over yet. It is the ninth inning, I guess.

Tim