Hi All!

As STP comes to a close for 2008, we have to ask... what's next?

Saturday, Sept 13 is FLAGS ON THE 48! For those of you who haven't heard about it, it's a memorial hike to commemorate 9/11. It happens every year on the Saturday closest to 9/11.

Individuals or teams carry US flags to the top of all 48 high peaks in NH, and they all fly on the summits from about 11am to 2pm. We haven't ever carried the flag, but we come out to support the people who do. We have our "pack-sized" flags that we used for STP.

From the web site, it appears that they have someone designated to carry the flag to almost every peak already... Flags On the 48

Once at the top, each person can take as long as they need to pray/reflect/commemorate.

Tim and I will be doing it again this year. If anyone would like to join us, please let us know! We don't even have a preference of summits. We've done Eisenhower and Moosilauke over the past two years for this event. I've always wanted to do Liberty. It seems so fitting, but I think it sees an OVER-ABUNDANCE of hikers on that day.

Here are the links to the last two years...

Eisenhower in 2006

Moosilauke in 2007

We will be hiking either way. Please let us know if you're interested in getting a group together!

Valerie