Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Moat Mountain Brewery

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by faegilr View Post
    I know my boyfriend would support this We stayed at Moat Mountain during STP and it was an all around lovely visit.
    That's the beautiful thing about the Moat-- you can stay overnight there! How many brew pubs can you say that about? (I assume that reservations are required-- you can't just crawl upstairs and find a bed...)

I must add that Kirsten and Nik at Tuckerman Brewing have been tremendous fans and supporters. Who knows, they may be open to the STP idea. Having us on the 6288 label and offering us a potion of the proceeds was entirely their idea.

I'm bummed that 6288 Stout was not available for STP this year. I haven't heard exactly why, but I do know that it disappeared from Hannaford a couple of weeks ago. It was a small first batch-- maybe it's all gone until this fall?

Rumor has it that the winter edition of Windswept will have a story about them and a recipe that includes 6288. Besides drinking my share, I've made a couple of really good beef stews with it...

Scot
    MWO Staff

Thanks

If we do get an STP beer brewed for the event I would suggest not using an orange label...I think it would clash with the brown bottle.
    Steve
    Is there really any BAD weather???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fifteendays View Post
    Rumor has it that the winter edition of Windswept will have a story about them and a recipe that includes 6288. Besides drinking my share, I've made a couple of really good beef stews with it...

Beef stew with 6288. Mmmmmmm. Maybe that should be on the menu with the dinner next year - or better yet, a bowl for lunch at the OBS would be a great way to prepare for the hike down.
    Mark

Keep close to Nature's heart...
    and break clear away, once in awhile,
    and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods.
    Wash your spirit clean. - John Muir

Hiking photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/mtruman42
    Hiking Blog: http://theramblingsblog.blogspot.com/
    Seek the 2011 Peak page: Mark Truman's Pledge Page

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Steve M View Post
    If we do get an STP beer brewed for the event I would suggest not using an orange label...I think it would clash with the brown bottle.

Steve...dull orange and brown are earthtones. They would look good together.
    ~Rich

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Steve...dull orange and brown are earthtones. They would look good together.
    OK...It's not the outside that matters anyway, it's what's on the inside counts!
    Steve

Thanks

I so agree. GGG and I had the opportunity to try a few of their beers. OK we had the sampler of everyone that they made and I too had to bring a Growler home. We could change STP from Seek the Peak to Sip the Pint!
    Kevin (MeridenFF)
    Last one to the top buys the first beer!

Thanks

Sip the pint on the way to the top and the one who actually makes it to the top is the winner!
    Steve

Thanks

Talking Staying at the Moat

How 'bout next year we stay and sample at the Moat, meanwhile we strap a bandana-cam on ,Blue Dog,Rockin' Rex or some other mountain goat willing to volunteer for this duty. Then we can get a live satellite feed back to the bar where we can give him all the support we can muster! Or her, ladies welcome of course.

Thanks

I agree. This would make it very easy for me to get away from carrying beer to the top next year. I will make the statement now that next year GGG will be the carrier of the beer! Also with that said. Sorry Rockin Rex if I knew you would meet us at the summit I would have packed another one for you. See you at the summit next year. Kevin (meridenff)
    Kevin (MeridenFF)
    Last one to the top buys the first beer!

Thanks

GGG, I was beginning to wonder if you were lost on the mountain or some thing.. I mean 17 posts go by talking about beer and you were nowhere to be seen!
    Summit Club Member
    Seek the Peak 11
    Seek the Peak 10: Lions Head/Tuckermans Ravine
    Seek the Peak 09: Boot Spur (redux)
    Seek the Peak 08: Huntington Ravine
    Seek the Peak 07: Tuckermans Ravine/Lions Head
    My 48: Washington (07/07, 07/08, 07/09, 09/09, 07/10), Lafayette (08/08, 08/09), Lincoln (08/08, 08/09), Pierce (07/10), Carrigain (09/10), Cannon (10/10), Jackson (11/10), Field (11/10), Tom (01/11)