Hi everyone! My son and I will be doing a 3-day hike at the end of August. He decided he wanted to climb Mt. Washington a year ago, and we have been doing some training (Pierce and tuckerman's in the Whites...) We'll be climbing up Ammo and staying at Lakes the first day, going to the summit and hopefully poking around the Alpine Garden and then back down to Lakes the second day, and then back down Ammo (or Jewell???) the last day. I wanted to keep things as easy as possible which is why we're doing it over three days - as well as have options if the weather turns any of those days.
Here are my questions... How bad is Ammo going down - especially if it's wet? Would I be better off going down Jewell on the last day? I know it is significantly longer, but do you think it would be easier? And now I am a bit more nervous about how to deal with bad weather - any additional advice? Particularly since I'll be solo with my 9-year-old?
Thanks in advance!