Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mt. Monroe and Mt. Washington, Aug 28-29, 2008 (Lakes overnight)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TrishandAlex View Post
    Steve, Chris and Mark, thanks for your kind words. Chris, I hope your knee is okay! I have knee issues too, it's no fun. My whole family has knee issues. In fact, my mom just had knee replacement surgery a few days ago. Anyway, I hope you're all right.

We're having a lot of fun doing these 4Ks. I am so happy we are in a position to do them relatively often. And as always, I'm grateful to the friendly and knowledgeable people in this forum!
    Interesting how many people lately have knee issues. My dad has an appointment to get his knee looked at. He is hobbling around using a crutch. My neighbor has had knee surgery recently as well as a guy I just did work for.
    Steve
    Is there really any BAD weather???

Thanks

Default Nice!

Great Tr and pics, Trish!

"She did raise an eyebrow at Alex, however. Alex's head did not clear the counter -- she was standing on her tiptoes trying to see the lady behind the desk. The lady asked Alex if she had ever hiked that far before, then she gave me a penetrating glance. I assured her we were fine."

That would be Diane. She and her husband Mike have worked the State Park at the summit for years and have rescued more folks than I'm sure they remember. It's very serious business, and some of the stuff they've seen would curdle your blood. Great people. You were being sized up by one of the best.

IMO the picture of Alex as you approach the Jewell Trail junction is also a ringer. This little girl against the mountains. It gives a great feeling of the vastness and desolation of the landscape above tree-line in the Northern Presidentials.

KDT

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KD Talbot View Post
    That would be Diane. She and her husband Mike have worked the State Park at the summit for years and have rescued more folks than I'm sure they remember. It's very serious business, and some of the stuff they've seen would curdle your blood. Great people. You were being sized up by one of the best.

IMO the picture of Alex as you approach the Jewell Trail junction is also a ringer. This little girl against the mountains. It gives a great feeling of the vastness and desolation of the landscape above tree-line in the Northern Presidentials.

KDT
    KD,

I didn't mind being sized up, I just found it amusing. Meaning, Alex is this tiny kid and we get countless comments on the trail about her hiking ability. I think Diane supposed we were okay after seeing what we were wearing and looking at the size of my pack. I understand we probably looked odd (given Alex's size) and that Diane was hoping I wasn't a negligent boob getting my daughter into trouble.

Thanks for the comments about the pix. We were very lucky regarding visibility and weather those two days!