Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: A request for the OBS Staff

Thanks

Exclamation

Yes...thank you!
    ~Rich

Thanks

It will be at least another week before an attempt at the rime-lapse video is made. I was going to edit the video last night but Ed and I could not get the format changed to work with imovie. Ed will be taking the video to his computer then providing me with the compatible video that I can edit down. Look for it on either the Dec. 8th obscast or on youtube around that date (still undecided where it will be uploaded. It comes down to how good it comes out.)

Til then...
    Ryan Knapp
    Staff Meteorologist/Night Observer, KMWN (Mt Washington Obs., NH)

Thanks

Thanks

Thumbs up

WOW!!! That was a lot of work for both Ed and Ryan! Much appreciated by many I hope, a least by me! Ed, I hope it didn't take away from your summit duties!!?? It gives a good idea how rime forms. THANK YOU!
    ~Rich

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    WOW!!! That was a lot of work for both Ed and Ryan! Much appreciated by many I hope, a least by me! Ed, I hope it didn't take away from your summit duties!!?? It gives a good idea how rime forms. THANK YOU!
    Thanks for the compliment. It did not take away from Ed nor my time on the summits. Ed did his work during the day and still had time to cook in the evening. As for me, most of the work I did was on my free time so not to impare my daily/weekly/monthly duties. Look for another attempt possibly in March or April in not sooner.

Cheers
    Ryan Knapp
    Staff Meteorologist/Night Observer, KMWN (Mt Washington Obs., NH)

Thanks

Good job guys! Not bad for a first try. It will get better with time I'm sure.
    Steve
    Is there really any BAD weather???

Thanks

Glad you're all enjoying the video - it was a fun project to work on. As Ryan alluded to in his comments, now that we've done this once, we know how to do it better next time. I'll be back on the summit in March, and will bring the camera with me for another try if the weather cooperates.

Ed

Thanks

I really found the detail in the comments and the video very intersting. Thank you so much for your hard work.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by h2oeco View Post
    Glad you're all enjoying the video - it was a fun project to work on. As Ryan alluded to in his comments, now that we've done this once, we know how to do it better next time. I'll be back on the summit in March, and will bring the camera with me for another try if the weather cooperates.

Ed
    So, you were pleased with the way that small camera worked in those conditions?
    Brad (a 6288 club member)
    http://bradstreet.zenfolio.com Personal Photo sales site
    http://public.fotki.com/bradbradstreet Personal photo web site
    http://public.fotki.com/MWO/saved/2012/ MWO image & video archive site 2006-2012

Thanks

Yes, the camera worked well. The camera and cable are completely waterproof, but the recorder is not. I was able to mount the camera outside, and lead the cable inside to the recorder. Icing was really the only problem with the filming, but, when you are trying to film the formation of rime ice, what do you expect? :-)

A picture of the camera/cable and recorder is below: