Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: More pictures of the mountain cat

Thanks

Default Marty

Great pictures. The ones in this thread are some of the best I've seen. haven't met him in person yet. No hurry. If he's there as long as Nin was I can bide my time.

KDT

Thanks

Great pictures. Marty almost looks like he's hissing at something off to his right in that picture sitting on the rocks. Was the fox nearby?

All of the cats (except poor Jasper) seem to have one iconic photograph that sells on postcards and refrigerator magnets year after year. There's Inga covered in rime, and Nin outside with the tower looming behind him. I wonder what Marty's picture will be. I'm guessing a picture on a foggy day in summer. It must be difficult to bring out detail with the dark fur contrasted against snow.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
    Great pictures. Marty almost looks like he's hissing at something off to his right in that picture sitting on the rocks. Was the fox nearby?

All of the cats (except poor Jasper) seem to have one iconic photograph that sells on postcards and refrigerator magnets year after year. There's Inga covered in rime, and Nin outside with the tower looming behind him. I wonder what Marty's picture will be. I'm guessing a picture on a foggy day in summer. It must be difficult to bring out detail with the dark fur contrasted against snow.
    Actually it looks like he is panting on a hot day, or after a long hike with one of the crew
    Diane
    Summit Club Member

Give me the outdoors, and I will show you the world!!

Thanks

Default Thanks for the cat pictures!

What beautiful pictures of Marty! I especially love the one where he is in his bed with those great green eyes glowing.

Thanks

Nice pictures of Marty the "rockclimber". Thanks

hmmm .. but can he rappel
    Gene .. just one more Swamp Yankee from RI.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MsCntry View Post
    Actually it looks like he is panting on a hot day, or after a long hike with one of the crew
    It wouldn't surprise me if Marty turned into a hiking cat. Nin used to follow the crew on hikes sometimes. One time he followed two people all the way to Mount Clay and back, meowing pitifully if they went too fast, as if to say, "Wait for me!"

Thanks

Acting proud, climbing the bunk beds like a Monkey!
    HPIM3451.jpg
    Taking a break, allowing me to manicure his claws.... check out the smile.
    HPIM3453.jpg
    King Of The Bunks.
    HPIM3455.jpg
    "ok, you can pet me now"
    Kristy's photos 028.jpg
    Showing off.
    Kristy's photos 007.jpg
    Getting back late from his hike, good thing he remembered his Headlamp!
    Kristy's photos 092.jpg
    Last, but not least, his favorite spot. Check out the paw. "Power to the Kitties"
    Kristy's photos 064a.jpg
    "Welcome To My Shop, Let Me Cut Your Mop..." Bugs Bunny

http://public.fotki.com/Kriter/

Thanks

Thanks for posting such great pictures. Love the headlamp shot!!

Thanks

Alpine:

Back in October Brian Clark wrote a story about Marty following him to one of the huts in the observer comments. It was quite and adventure for him.

I took these pictures of Marty when I was up there 3 weeks ago. He didn't look too happy about being woken up by Mike so I could meet him and give him his goodie bag. My Pictures don't do him justice, but it was a thrill for me...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KathyC View Post
    Back in October Brian Clark wrote a story about Marty following him to one of the huts in the observer comments.
    Thanks for pointing that story out. I'd missed it, and that's a terrific story. It sounds like Marty was the perfect choice to fill Nin's shoes. Which reminds me, I should really go visit Nin. He's only a mile or two away. I don't think Nin ever made it down to Lakes of the Clouds. He did like to follow me around doing obs, though, including sometimes up to the Cold Room. I was always a little nervous watching him come back down that ladder, hopping from rung to rung, but somehow he managed it.

Do Danny and Homer still work at the state park? I vaguely remember one or the other of them telling a story about Inga disappearing one day and then showing up with the caretaker down in Tuckerman Ravine.