Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our Hike to Mount Flume!

Thanks

What a great day to hike. Your pictures were beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FisherCat View Post
    Yes! It's great to read about someone's hike to Flume via Osseo and not the typical Liberty Springs loop. You had great pics and looks like a wonderful time. I hope there weren't too many blowdowns as we cleared them out on the last trip.
    If anybody hikes this trail in the near future, keep your eyes peeled for a big beech tree on the left side of the trail. It comes at the top of a little rise just after you hike up the section where the brook is at the bottom on your left, the drop to the brook is real obvious. Anywho, when you see the beech look up and notice the massive bear clawmarks ascending the tree. You will noyic the spread is bigger than your hands. Its real cool and a classic "bear-beech."
    The Osseo Trail is a great trail. We had read about it many times and decided it was the way to go. Hopefully, others will try it. There may have been one blowdown on the trail; nothing too difficult. Didn't notice any bear clawings.
    Donna

Thanks

Default Thanks for the moment.....

I enjoyed your TR and pictures, I spent quite some time contemplating memories of past trips to Mt Flume because of them.

Laudizen

After you have exhausted what there is in business, politics, conviviality, and so on - have found that none of these finally satisfy, or permanently wear - what remains? Nature remains. -Walt Whitman, poet (1819-1892)