Thread: Following in the footsteps of Jimmy Legs and Little d

Thanks

Default Following in the footsteps of Jimmy Legs and Little d

We had a great trip on Sunday up East Osceola!

To Jimmy Legs and Little d, in your trip report you said "We encountered more rocks and steeper ascent until we reached the broken ledges where it became more steep. I could just imagine hiking this coated in winter ice."

It may not be winter yet, but we saw 3-4 inches of ice, then snow on top of that. There must be a lot of springs along that trail! The pictures don't do it justice.

Trip report is here!!

Valerie

Thanks

Fun TR -- I hope Tim's lack of traction didn't cause him any pain! Nice pictures of the ice, and then the lack of snow/ice back at the river.

Thanks

Default Nice!

As is expected a great TR and pics! Re con trips are always a great idea in prep for the winter hike.

Osceola is our white whale. Before we were serious about our winter 4k's we climbed this way and stopped at East Osceola. Jude was having a rough day and I was cold so we turned back without going to Osceola. Last year we made another attempt. The trail was covered in loose "sugar" snow and we could not get any traction. Climb up 5 feet, slide back ten. We gave up before getting to the slide.

Will contact you about another attempt.

KDT

Thanks

Great TR and wonderful pictures as usual. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks

Thumbs up

Tim and Val,
    Nice trip report and pictures. Happy to hear the trip went well. 3-4 inches of ice sounds like plenty to deal with on parts of the trail. You mention in your trip report about reading that the East Osceola trail being steep and tough in sections. I thought that also in particular, after reading about the 1850 foot elevation gain in 1.5 miles in the WMG. It really wasn't that bad afterall. I think for the most part you have to experience it firsthand. We'll be looking forward to Following in the Footsteps of Tim and Val one day.
    Donna
    Last edited by Jimmy Legs and Little d; 11-04-2008 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Did not like last line