Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33

Thread: New Website and Server Upgrade

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    247
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 28 Times in 16 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    The "My Account" link at the upper right of the pages used to be 'backlit" when you were logged in. That indicator was nice as I seem to get logged on on a regular basis. Can that feature be added to the wish list?
    Unfortunately that could only be provided when you are viewing pages on the www.mountwashington.org site, and not on the new CRM server. In order to provide as seamless an integration between the two systems as possible, this feature had to be dropped. Should the CRM service provide a way to this in the future, the feature will be brought back.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    6,247
    Thanks
    112
    Thanked 398 Times in 250 Posts

    Default

    Very nice touch to have the links to "MWO on YouTube" and "MWO on Facebook" in the multimedia section.

    There is a request out on YouTube to post the "Breakfast of Champions" video. I have it as an AVI file (28MB file) and also have the longer MWO video which starts down at a lake looking at the mountain as an AVI file (89MB). Can I post those on my YouTube account and make them public? Or can I get them to MWO staff to post off the MWOObservor ID? I could work with someone behind the scenes to post directly to the MWOObservor ID.
    Brad (a 6288 club member)
    http://bradstreet.zenfolio.com Personal Photo sales site
    http://public.fotki.com/bradbradstreet Personal photo web site
    http://public.fotki.com/MWO/saved/2012/ MWO image & video archive site 2006-2012

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    6,247
    Thanks
    112
    Thanked 398 Times in 250 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes View Post
    Unfortunately that could only be provided when you are viewing pages on the www.mountwashington.org site, and not on the new CRM server. In order to provide as seamless an integration between the two systems as possible, this feature had to be dropped. Should the CRM service provide a way to this in the future, the feature will be brought back.
    How about having it turned on for the www.mountwashington.org site alone since that is where we will be spending most of our time?
    Brad (a 6288 club member)
    http://bradstreet.zenfolio.com Personal Photo sales site
    http://public.fotki.com/bradbradstreet Personal photo web site
    http://public.fotki.com/MWO/saved/2012/ MWO image & video archive site 2006-2012

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    247
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 28 Times in 16 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    How about having it turned on for the www.mountwashington.org site alone since that is where we will be spending most of our time?
    This presents a usability issue as someone that is signed in might then be on a page that doesn't show they are signed in. Most users wouldn't be able to tell when they are viewing pages from one server vs. the other. In this case consistency won out and no pages display it.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    6,247
    Thanks
    112
    Thanked 398 Times in 250 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes View Post
    This presents a usability issue as someone that is signed in might then be on a page that doesn't show they are signed in. Most users wouldn't be able to tell when they are viewing pages from one server vs. the other. In this case consistency won out and no pages display it.
    I understand - and I am a guy that likes consistency.
    Brad (a 6288 club member)
    http://bradstreet.zenfolio.com Personal Photo sales site
    http://public.fotki.com/bradbradstreet Personal photo web site
    http://public.fotki.com/MWO/saved/2012/ MWO image & video archive site 2006-2012

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mount Washington, NH
    Posts
    362
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 110 Times in 42 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    There is a request out on YouTube to post the "Breakfast of Champions" video.
    I can probably answer this one since this has been raised before, even by me. The answer is no, as of now. We use this as a video to entice people into the museum. We use to offer it on a DVD to new members but I think that supply has since been used up. There are remakes which other staffers made and posted on the tube like rockpile crunch. But the original cannot be put on ours or your tibe account, unless you can convince Scot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    ...also have the longer MWO video which starts down at a lake looking at the mountain as an AVI file (89MB).
    I have no idea what video this is based on this description. I would say before you post it as well that you get permission because unless you shot it, it is the property of the group or company that shot it. When you upload on youtube, there is the little box you check that asks if it is original content. If you did shoot it, still try to get permission from Scot and if granted, we can either favorite it or get a copy for the obs site.
    Ryan Knapp
    Staff Meteorologist/Night Observer, KMWN (Mt Washington Obs., NH)

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mount Washington, NH
    Posts
    362
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 110 Times in 42 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    Now, what is the definition of"major problem"? Since MWO is a high quality organization that is any flaw - spelling, an extra space between words, no space, anything. Anything less would not be to the standards of the organization.
    If we are going into this much detail, comments, observations, forecasts, and forums are off the table. I have these kind of errors on a daily basis but I would say anything "permanent" should be brought to attention.
    Ryan Knapp
    Staff Meteorologist/Night Observer, KMWN (Mt Washington Obs., NH)

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    6,247
    Thanks
    112
    Thanked 398 Times in 250 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Knapper View Post
    If we are going into this much detail, comments, observations, forecasts, and forums are off the table. I have these kind of errors on a daily basis but I would say anything "permanent" should be brought to attention.
    One can always try for a free cider.
    Brad (a 6288 club member)
    http://bradstreet.zenfolio.com Personal Photo sales site
    http://public.fotki.com/bradbradstreet Personal photo web site
    http://public.fotki.com/MWO/saved/2012/ MWO image & video archive site 2006-2012

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    247
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 28 Times in 16 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    One can always try for a free cider.
    You've done enough in the past Brad. Next time you're in the North Conway area, holler and I'll buy a cup o'cider.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    6,247
    Thanks
    112
    Thanked 398 Times in 250 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes View Post
    You've done enough in the past Brad. Next time you're in the North Conway area, holler and I'll buy a cup o'cider.
    Ha, now to figure out which town. Heading to Fryeburg after work today. Am I getting warm?
    Brad (a 6288 club member)
    http://bradstreet.zenfolio.com Personal Photo sales site
    http://public.fotki.com/bradbradstreet Personal photo web site
    http://public.fotki.com/MWO/saved/2012/ MWO image & video archive site 2006-2012

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •