Thread: Historical Weather Info

Thanks

Default Historical Weather Info

Anyone know where I can find historical info for Yosemite National Park? Any search I do comes up with current weather or history of Yosemite.

I'm trying to figure out a good time to go out there in the Spring. Cousin of mine that's a trail guide said April is a good month. The temps aren't too high and the snow has melted making the waterfalls flow at their fullest. I'm trying to find out over the month what the highs/lows are and likelyhood of rain.

My quest will be to climb the famed Half Dome. Most likely I'll look at taking 4-5 days out there in the park to account for a possible rain delay.
    Summit Club Member
    Seek the Peak 11
    Seek the Peak 10: Lions Head/Tuckermans Ravine
    Seek the Peak 09: Boot Spur (redux)
    Seek the Peak 08: Huntington Ravine
    Seek the Peak 07: Tuckermans Ravine/Lions Head
    My 48: Washington (07/07, 07/08, 07/09, 09/09, 07/10), Lafayette (08/08, 08/09), Lincoln (08/08, 08/09), Pierce (07/10), Carrigain (09/10), Cannon (10/10), Jackson (11/10), Field (11/10), Tom (01/11)

Thanks

You can find lots of info if you just Google. Keep in mind that if you plan to hike Half Dome, the cables aren't in place until late May-early June and those are required so plan your trip accordingly and don't forget your gloves. The hike (from Happy Isle on the JMT) is about 17 miles so plan for an early start to beat the crowds.

If your trip is after a big snow year (I was there in 1995, 200% normal snow), the falls could be impressive throughout the entire summer. Here is a shot of 600' high Nevada Falls taken in late July.
    17 Nevada Falls.jpg

Thanks

Here is the website I used when I was working as a lab rat in CA:

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/hnx/coop/ynphdqtr.htm

This should be everything you looking for I think.

Cheers
    Ryan Knapp
    Staff Meteorologist/Night Observer, KMWN (Mt Washington Obs., NH)