Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Observer/Observatory Christmas Wish List???

Thanks

Thanks for posting your Christmas list in the comments Ryan! Your letter will probably get to the North Pole eventually, but now, I don't have to wait - I can get the elves working on your list right away!

Don't worry about Marty - I know all about him, and will be sure to bring something extra special for him!

Ho! Ho! Ho!

Santa

Thanks

Default Repair

I would think a peice of 3 layer gortex pro or epic fabric would hold up. If it flaps slightly in the middle I would thing it would self deice as long as there are no sharp edges or it doesn't touch the feed horn. If you could find a dish,or anything the same diameter for that matter, the same size in the valley you could pre make it and have it all set to install.

Thanks

For a dish update from todays meeting: It sounds like we are going to go with a type of plexiglass similar to what is over the dishes in Yankee. We are going to see if there is something that the dish makers could do as well. Our best guess is that the failure came from a combination of cold and wind. Since the pic was posted, we have lost the remaining radome due to high winds yesterday/this morning.

Santa-good to hear you read my post. We look forward to the 25th.

Cheers
    Ryan Knapp
    Staff Meteorologist/Night Observer, KMWN (Mt Washington Obs., NH)