Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: weather stations

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2,145
    Thanks
    541
    Thanked 121 Times in 73 Posts

    Default weather stations

    with the weather stations they have here at the obs store i was looking at the La Crosse Technology WS-1510U-IT Pro Weather Station

    how high of wind will the outdoor wind cups take up to [ im not sure what the right name is ]

    and how is this one for some one who never had one before Acu-Rite Deluxe Wireless Weather Station
    i am a Summit Club member
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/new pictures and videos

    If your not a OBS member yet then what are you waiting for

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,679
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 33 Times in 29 Posts

    Default

    It gives all the specs right on the MWO site. 112mph.

    It seems okay for your first weather station. I have to warn you that wind recordings will be very dissapointing. Even a $1000 weather station has a hard time capturing very short gusts. Additionally, you probably wont have a 10 meter tower in the middle of a field to mount the anemometer.
    Bill
    Next up: Vermont City Marathon: May, 2011
    EasternLight

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wahiawa, HI
    Posts
    2,359
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 9 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill O View Post
    It gives all the specs right on the MWO site. 112mph.

    It seems okay for your first weather station. I have to warn you that wind recordings will be very dissapointing. Even a $1000 weather station has a hard time capturing very short gusts. Additionally, you probably wont have a 10 meter tower in the middle of a field to mount the anemometer.
    I thought about it in my yard but I am surrounded by 60-80 foot trees. I can't get above them so any wind I get is not steady or accurate to conditions.
    Steve
    Is there really any BAD weather???

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2,145
    Thanks
    541
    Thanked 121 Times in 73 Posts

    Default

    i can get a spot on my roof that is about 60 feet from a large tree ,is that ok
    i am a Summit Club member
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/new pictures and videos

    If your not a OBS member yet then what are you waiting for

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,679
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 33 Times in 29 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    i can get a spot on my roof that is about 60 feet from a large tree ,is that ok
    Since you don't have much of a choice it is fine, but not ideal.

    Just try to get it as high as you can.
    Bill
    Next up: Vermont City Marathon: May, 2011
    EasternLight

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2,145
    Thanks
    541
    Thanked 121 Times in 73 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill O View Post
    Since you don't have much of a choice it is fine, but not ideal.

    Just try to get it as high as you can.
    thanks i would like to get one soon
    i am a Summit Club member
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/new pictures and videos

    If your not a OBS member yet then what are you waiting for

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •