Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Galehead Mountain 1/10/09

Thanks

wow! Beautiful!!! Looks like you had an awesome time!
    Work to live, live to play, but never live to work.
    Check out my adventures at http://www.flickr.com/photos/kfolcik/sets/

Thanks

Default Thanks, Guys!

To Dangergirl: Just a note. The Twinway from South Twin to Guyot was not broken out, nor was the Garfield Ridge Trail from the junction with the Gale River Trail west towards Garfield. Maybe it will change between now and then, but I wouldn't count on it.

I've been thinking about your winter Pemi Loop: I think, and it's just my opinion, that this will be a good deal harder than your Presi Traverse due to distance and shear remoteness.

Not that the Presi Traverse is an easy thing, but most of the hard climbing is done at the beginning. There are several ups and downs, but the ups are pretty constant, unlike along the Pemi Loop where the PUDs can seem endless.

Good luck! Lookin' forward to your report.

KDT

Thanks

Thanks! I am definately planning on the pemi being really hard. It was tough in the summer! We are planning to start with the Bonds because there will be more bailout points after we get to Garfield (if we need to bail) and I do have cell reception from Garfield to Flume. Lets see if I can pull this off!!!!
    Work to live, live to play, but never live to work.
    Check out my adventures at http://www.flickr.com/photos/kfolcik/sets/

Thanks

Kevin,
    I'd like to echo the sentiments of several folks here. It's great to hear from you again and we're hoping for the daily improvement in your mom's condition.

A month off is a killer! Last Sat was a stellar day to be out, though. Congrats on bagging Galehead!

I'm glad you're back on the trail and hope that Judy can get out there soon too. Maybe we can hook up for an "old folks hike" and we can walk whatever pace we want!

Take Care!
    Valerie