Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MWO Teaser

Thanks

Default MWO Teaser

On Facebook Scot posted a teaser for us. There is a big announcement coming on Thursday this week. He gave no clues. I am hoping for early morning Thursday.

2 days and counting.
    Brad (a 6288 club member)
    http://bradstreet.zenfolio.com Personal Photo sales site
    http://public.fotki.com/bradbradstreet Personal photo web site
    http://public.fotki.com/MWO/saved/2012/ MWO image & video archive site 2006-2012

Thanks

I just saw. Maybe they are putting in a new glacier. I know, maybe Mount Washington is really 6,300 ft tall.
    Bill
    Next up: Vermont City Marathon: May, 2011
    EasternLight

Thanks

No no no, I have heard from a usually reliable sourse that they are getting ready to offer franchise opportunities. For a reasonable fee, they will help to set up your own observatory on any mountain named Washington. You just need to agree to purchase your website software from them as well as any office stationary. For an added fee, they will also help you rename any mountain Washington and then offer the franchise.

Just imagine, a nation-wide chain of mountaintop observatories, think of the possibilities, even international if things take-off!!!!!

Thanks

Dangit! I've been trying and trying to avoid Facebook... but if Scot is giving teasers there first it may just be pushing me over the edge! :P
    Summit Club Member
    Seek the Peak 11
    Seek the Peak 10: Lions Head/Tuckermans Ravine
    Seek the Peak 09: Boot Spur (redux)
    Seek the Peak 08: Huntington Ravine
    Seek the Peak 07: Tuckermans Ravine/Lions Head
    My 48: Washington (07/07, 07/08, 07/09, 09/09, 07/10), Lafayette (08/08, 08/09), Lincoln (08/08, 08/09), Pierce (07/10), Carrigain (09/10), Cannon (10/10), Jackson (11/10), Field (11/10), Tom (01/11)

Thanks

Where on facebook is it?
    ~Rich

Thanks

Ooh...Ooh...I know this one. If you have been to a function this fall or winter, the answer has already been revealed. That is all...
    Ryan Knapp
    Staff Meteorologist/Night Observer, KMWN (Mt Washington Obs., NH)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    On Facebook Scot posted a teaser for us. There is a big announcement coming on Thursday this week. He gave no clues. I am hoping for early morning Thursday.

2 days and counting.
    Chief Executive MWO Cheerleader Brad comes through for us once again! Thanks for building some drama here in the forums.

I went to a fundraising conference a couple of years ago and they had a session on social networking sites and fundraising implications. Since we didn't have a marketing person at that point, I decided to create a MWO Facebook page myself to see what would happen. (We've raised $35 on Facebook, thanks to two of YOU here in the forums...)

Now, on Facebook, I have a strange blend of high school friends, college friends, colleagues in the business community and Observatory members/donors. It's fun, but it's also an easy way to make an hour of your day (or more) vanish in a flash. By the way, if you do end up finding my own page, be prepared to see some rants about college football, as my alma mater (Utah) had the best season ever and finished at #2 in the polls, but did not have any shot at the national title. But I digress...

As for the big news... you'll see it on Thursday on our website, read it in the papers and hopefully see it on the news if you're in our area.

Here's a big, mega-hint: If you're a member, simply look at the cover of the new Windswept, which is arriving in mailboxes right now.

Enjoy!

Scot
    MWO Exec. Director
    Last edited by fifteendays; 01-13-2009 at 10:04 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fifteendays View Post
    By the way, if you do end up finding my own page, be prepared to see some rants about college football, as my alma mater (Utah) had the best season ever and finished at #2 in the polls, but did not have any shot at the national title. But I digress...
    The value of our education just skyrocketed from that fact.

Look for MWO on Facebook in the "Causes" application.
    Bill
    Next up: Vermont City Marathon: May, 2011
    EasternLight

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bill O View Post
    I just saw. Maybe they are putting in a new glacier. I know, maybe Mount Washington is really 6,300 ft tall.

Thanks, I almost spewed coffe all over my desk :-)

Thanks

Actually, MWO has purchased its own mountain and will be moving all the summit operations to this other peak. Maintaining equipment, getting staff up and down for shift changes every day, being able to produce their own time lapse videos of snack runs to McDonald's, all will be so much easier at this new and improved location on a small hill in Ohio. And they will have a new downdraft range for baking cookies for all visitors who happen to walk by.
    Brad (a 6288 club member)
    http://bradstreet.zenfolio.com Personal Photo sales site
    http://public.fotki.com/bradbradstreet Personal photo web site
    http://public.fotki.com/MWO/saved/2012/ MWO image & video archive site 2006-2012