Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wildcat A, January 24, 2009

Thanks

Tim and Val, thanks -- I'm convinced that hike is much tougher in the summer. We had a flat surface to walk on. It was truly a sidewalk, just a very steep one at times. I think that surface is easier to walk on than constant up-and-down rock hopping/root tripping.

Mark -- thanks. Alex likes to ham it up for the pictures, so photos with her are usually amusing (or just plain odd, lol). She does like to get out there. She's always been a very high-energy kid, and hiking meets her intense need for constant movement.

Thanks

Thumbs up Wildcat A

Trish,
    Always look forward after the weekend to see what mountain you and Alex have checked off your list. Wildcat A looks to be a fine hike-another one for our "to do" list. I would agree that winter is the time to bag this one. Hope you get out this weekend. Looks as if the Whites will be getting some serious snow out of this next storm!

Thanks

Hi Jimm Legs and little d,

Thanks for your kind comments -- we won't be out this weekend, we'll be down south instead, visiting grandparents....hey, we'll be in your neck of the woods, yes? We were supposed to drive down today but will instead do it tomorrow....don't want to drive in that mess out there right now, no thank you!

The weekend after we'll see what the weather and trails are like. We would very much like to do your suggestion of Wildcat D via Polecat ski trail...thanks so much for suggesting that, that looks very do-able on a day with little wind! Are you coming in Feb, thinking of that one? Maybe we could save that one for when you're here, and perhaps meet you on the trail..?