Thread: how does this work?

Thanks

Default how does this work?

Hello, im new to the site. I learned of "seek the peak 2009" after joining here. How much money do you have to raise in order to do the hike? I mean, is there a minimum you have to raise? And can you just donate the money yourself? I have a feeling it will be hard trying to get people i know to donate for a hike.

Thanks for the info!

Thanks

The minimum you need to raise (in order to get your awesome goodie bag) has been $100. You can raise this with friends, family or donate the whole sum yourself.

Last year there were varying "prize" or reward levels depending on how much you raised.

The online donation page will make it very easy to get people to donate online. And this year we may have more tools to help you get support.

Its a great event unlike any other I've participated in. My very first MW hike was StP07. I couldn't stop thinking about the mountain and it was a very long year until StP08. And now I'm counting days until StP09!
    Summit Club Member
    Seek the Peak 11
    Seek the Peak 10: Lions Head/Tuckermans Ravine
    Seek the Peak 09: Boot Spur (redux)
    Seek the Peak 08: Huntington Ravine
    Seek the Peak 07: Tuckermans Ravine/Lions Head
    My 48: Washington (07/07, 07/08, 07/09, 09/09, 07/10), Lafayette (08/08, 08/09), Lincoln (08/08, 08/09), Pierce (07/10), Carrigain (09/10), Cannon (10/10), Jackson (11/10), Field (11/10), Tom (01/11)

Thanks

Thanks for the response Blue dog. One last question. The event is two days. So i'm assuming you can pick either day to do the hike, correct? Thanks a bunch! I think this is something I'm going to do!

Thanks

Hello Dee3 no the Friday before is the day you register and the Saturday is the hike and dinner.Last year was my first year and I can't wait to get there this year.It is a blast.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum and hopefully to STP. Last year was the first STP for my wife and I and our first time to hike up Mt Washington as well. It was an absolutely incredible experience in many ways. We can't wait to do it again this year. Look forward to you joining us!
    Mark

Keep close to Nature's heart...
    and break clear away, once in awhile,
    and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods.
    Wash your spirit clean. - John Muir

Hiking photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/mtruman42
    Hiking Blog: http://theramblingsblog.blogspot.com/
    Seek the 2011 Peak page: Mark Truman's Pledge Page

Thanks

Awesome! Thanks for the info guys! Im definitely planning on being there!

Thanks

If you aren't able to make it up for the two days you can always register the morning of the hike also but will say this many of the hikers get on the trail earlier then the registration would be set up in the morning. Also, many of the hikers tend to stay at the area camp grounds and spending the nights there give you a chance to meet some of them. I have hiked the last two years and not sure if I will make it or not this year, all depends on the amount of time I can get off from work. It is a good time and suggest getting involved.
    Kevin (MeridenFF)
    Last one to the top buys the first beer!

Thanks

I definitely plan on being there for BOTH days. Already made sure I'm not working those days.

Thanks

Welcome Dee3! My wife and kids and I are looking forward to being there again this year as well. Hope to see you there!
    Steve
    Is there really any BAD weather???

Thanks

Thanks Steve.