Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: First!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CHRIS View Post
    Diane, You don't have to make it to the top. You don't even have to make it half way.
    But, you do have to make it to the turkey dinner. We want to see you there.
    Brad (a 6288 club member)
    http://bradstreet.zenfolio.com Personal Photo sales site
    http://public.fotki.com/bradbradstreet Personal photo web site
    http://public.fotki.com/MWO/saved/2012/ MWO image & video archive site 2006-2012

Thanks

I was there last year, I was just late and missed the dinner LOL. I was there for the door prize give aways tough!! I will make sure Karen gets the banner for the table though, so all the forum members know where to sit Of course in that case they may want 2 or 3 tables put together
    Diane
    Summit Club Member

Give me the outdoors, and I will show you the world!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MsCntry View Post
    ... As bad as I am hurting now with my fibromyalgia, it is only a matter of time before it totally takes me of the beloved trail ..
    Diane, my wife has fibromyalgia too so I can sympathize with your feelings a bit. Every instance is different and everyone is different in how it affects them and which meds are effective. Diet and excercise along with a positive outlook help. Some days are better than other days so just do what you can do, when you can do it. Maybe tomorrow will be better, maybe not, just take it one day at a time. You may not make it down the trail as far as you want today but, as has been said here often, there is no shame in stopping, turning around and waiting for a better day. Hang in there.
    Gene .. just one more Swamp Yankee from RI.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stets View Post
    Hey Mark and Nat, I,m amazed that a slowpoke like me got our page up and running. Looking forward to seeing you guys on the trail this summer.

I hope you can work it out so Jamie will join you.

It will be a blast!

As usual I will be trailing Hunter up the trails.

We were lucky with logistics this year as you were in 2008 with your Greenleaf/Galehead/Zealand trip. Hunter begins his AMC Mount Washington Spike Teen Trail Crew trip Sunday, the day after STP. Check out his testimonial on the AMC website.

http://www.outdoors.org/conservation...-teen-crew.cfm

What a great way to warm up with a climb up the rockpile.

We are also working on a hut to hut trip this summer.

Not sure when that will be.
    Glad you logistics worked out so well. I checked out the trail crew page and Hunter's testimonial. Just awesome for kids to be out there loving this stuff. One more year and Jamie will be old enough for the Spike Teen crew so maybe we'll have her out there too. Look forward to seeing you at STP. Gotta get going on our pledge drive and catch up...
    Mark

Keep close to Nature's heart...
    and break clear away, once in awhile,
    and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods.
    Wash your spirit clean. - John Muir

Hiking photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/mtruman42
    Hiking Blog: http://theramblingsblog.blogspot.com/
    Seek the 2011 Peak page: Mark Truman's Pledge Page

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RI Swamp Yankee View Post
    Diane, my wife has fibromyalgia too so I can sympathize with your feelings a bit. Every instance is different and everyone is different in how it affects them and which meds are effective. Diet and excercise along with a positive outlook help. Some days are better than other days so just do what you can do, when you can do it. Maybe tomorrow will be better, maybe not, just take it one day at a time. You may not make it down the trail as far as you want today but, as has been said here often, there is no shame in stopping, turning around and waiting for a better day. Hang in there.
    Thank you for those kind words. You are correct. Now that I am on Lyrica, I have my good days, and I have my bad days, but lately there have been more good then bad!!. I have been disabled with 2 herniated discs in my lower back for two years now, and I guess after the work related injury, it helped the fibro to take effect on my back. So now instead of just my lower back hurting, it is now from my shoulders to my hips. I was at a healthy, active, 275lbs before I got hurt, then after the injury I shot up pretty quick, and being on anti depressants didn't help. I recently went off of my anti depressants, and have lost 10lbs, and working on losing a lot more!! I can't wait for spring so I can start hiking again!! I think I am getting cabin fever although I get out of the house everyday even if it is just to the mailbox. I look forward to doing the hike a thon, as well as seeing all my dear friends here on the forums. It was so nice to meet people face to face last year!!

Let your wife know she definitely isn't alone. Since fibro is hereditary, that is how I got it. My mother has fibro (back) and parkinsons, my sister has fibro (neck & shoulders), and now I have it (back). My mother now age 63 climbed 1/2 way up a 4 story tree just to see if she could still do it, since she was feeling so much better on her Lyrica LOL. So maybe your wife and I can look forward to good days like that in the future!!
    Diane
    Summit Club Member

Give me the outdoors, and I will show you the world!!

Thanks

Happy Birthday Diane

Saw it on the bottom of the main page
    Gene .. just one more Swamp Yankee from RI.