Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: First!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtruman View Post
    Look forward to seeing you and Hunter again this year. I'm really delinquent in signing up but we're trying to work through the logistics for all of us going this year including my daughter and want to have our fundraising plan in order before creating our pages. I know, the clock is ticking...
    Understandable LOL Joe and I are "discussing" who gets who's donations since we are both signed up LOL. Depending on how I feel from year to year now, is whether or not I will be able to sign up again. Or I can sign up and grab donations, just not do the hike LOL. We will cross that bridge when we get there though!!

Hurry Hurry!!!
    Diane
    Summit Club Member

Give me the outdoors, and I will show you the world!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MsCntry View Post
    ... just not do the hike ...
    Diane! Don't even utter those words!
    Summit Club Member
    Seek the Peak 11
    Seek the Peak 10: Lions Head/Tuckermans Ravine
    Seek the Peak 09: Boot Spur (redux)
    Seek the Peak 08: Huntington Ravine
    Seek the Peak 07: Tuckermans Ravine/Lions Head
    My 48: Washington (07/07, 07/08, 07/09, 09/09, 07/10), Lafayette (08/08, 08/09), Lincoln (08/08, 08/09), Pierce (07/10), Carrigain (09/10), Cannon (10/10), Jackson (11/10), Field (11/10), Tom (01/11)

Thanks

Hey Mark and Nat, I,m amazed that a slowpoke like me got our page up and running. Looking forward to seeing you guys on the trail this summer.

I hope you can work it out so Jamie will join you.

It will be a blast!

As usual I will be trailing Hunter up the trails.

We were lucky with logistics this year as you were in 2008 with your Greenleaf/Galehead/Zealand trip. Hunter begins his AMC Mount Washington Spike Teen Trail Crew trip Sunday, the day after STP. Check out his testimonial on the AMC website.

http://www.outdoors.org/conservation...-teen-crew.cfm

What a great way to warm up with a climb up the rockpile.

We are also working on a hut to hut trip this summer.

Not sure when that will be.
    Doug

Charter Member of The J. Rayner Edmands Fan Club

Seek the Peak 2012: http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDog View Post
    Diane! Don't even utter those words!
    Well my sweet little blue doggie, I have to face the facts. As bad as I am hurting now with my fibromyalgia, it is only a matter of time before it totally takes me of the beloved trail . It is a disease that just progressively gets worse, but I will do as much hiking as I can, as long as I can. Ya never know!! My mother is 64 and has fibro, and her meds work so well she climbed 1/2 way up a 4 story tree last month!! They just adjusted my medication again, and it is the maximum dose possible, so we will see what happens!! Lord knows I don't want to ever stop doing what I love!!
    Diane
    Summit Club Member

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MsCntry View Post
    Well my sweet little blue doggie, I have to face the facts. As bad as I am hurting now with my fibromyalgia, it is only a matter of time before it totally takes me of the beloved trail . It is a disease that just progressively gets worse, but I will do as much hiking as I can, as long as I can. Ya never know!! My mother is 64 and has fibro, and her meds work so well she climbed 1/2 way up a 4 story tree last month!! They just adjusted my medication again, and it is the maximum dose possible, so we will see what happens!! Lord knows I don't want to ever stop doing what I love!!
    As long as we see ya out there! Doesn't matter if you get to the top or not. I hear you have to at least get on the trail in order to be allow in for the turkey dinner.
    Summit Club Member
    Seek the Peak 11
    Seek the Peak 10: Lions Head/Tuckermans Ravine
    Seek the Peak 09: Boot Spur (redux)
    Seek the Peak 08: Huntington Ravine
    Seek the Peak 07: Tuckermans Ravine/Lions Head
    My 48: Washington (07/07, 07/08, 07/09, 09/09, 07/10), Lafayette (08/08, 08/09), Lincoln (08/08, 08/09), Pierce (07/10), Carrigain (09/10), Cannon (10/10), Jackson (11/10), Field (11/10), Tom (01/11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDog View Post
    As long as we see ya out there! Doesn't matter if you get to the top or not. I hear you have to at least get on the trail in order to be allow in for the turkey dinner.
    Oh you will never get me to stay away from STP!! I would be happy with just collecting money for MWO!! You guys know I will always do my best. With friends like all of you on here supporting and encouraging me, you can count on that!! Well I think I can handle stepping onto the trail for a good turkey dinner . Last year Joe kept rubbing it in that the dinner was really good, and the fact that I missed it!!
    Diane
    Summit Club Member

Thanks

Diane, You don't have to make it to the top. You don't even have to make it half way.If you are feeling up to it get out there and enjoy it no matter how far you get. You are already participating in raising money and doing the flags. If you cannot hike you should still be proud of what you are doing by helping this good cause. Even if you cannot make it out there that day I think we would be all honored to have you sit at the table with us.

On another note why was your 64 year old mother climbing a tree?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CHRIS View Post
    Diane, You don't have to make it to the top. You don't even have to make it half way.If you are feeling up to it get out there and enjoy it no matter how far you get. You are already participating in raising money and doing the flags. If you cannot hike you should still be proud of what you are doing by helping this good cause. Even if you cannot make it out there that day I think we would be all honored to have you sit at the table with us.

On another note why was your 64 year old mother climbing a tree?
    You don't understand Chris, I am just like my mother. I am stubborn, pigheaded, and just plain determined to accomplish everything I do!! I know myself too well. I am going to get up on that trail, if I get to hurting too bad, I will take some pain pills, if people say are you ok? Of COURSE I am OK!! LOL I don't show pain, fear, or tears unless it is so bad I can not take anymore, but until then I push myself as hard and as far as I possibly can. I regret it for the week after LOL BUT that is just the way I am!

The reason my mother gave me for climbing the tree?? " Just to see if I could still do it!!"

That's my mom!! LOL
    Diane
    Summit Club Member

Thanks

I hope to see you out there. And yes I do understand. On the last STP my knees were hurting like hell but I still made myself get to the top. On the way down my left leg stopped bending and I thought for sure I would be in the hospital when I got down it was the most pain I have ever felt but I did it. It took 2 hours longer to get down but I did it. Like you I paid for the next few weeks.So I wish you all the luck in the world.

Your reson on your mother made me LOL...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CHRIS View Post
    I hope to see you out there. And yes I do understand. On the last STP my knees were hurting like hell but I still made myself get to the top. On the way down my left leg stopped bending and I thought for sure I would be in the hospital when I got down it was the most pain I have ever felt but I did it. It took 2 hours longer to get down but I did it. Like you I paid for the next few weeks.So I wish you all the luck in the world.

Your reason on your mother made me LOL...
    You poor thing!! Yes you do know what I mean!!

We, however, were not talking about STP 09, but future events as my fibromyalgia progressively gets the better of me. But as I said, I will fight every step of the way. It will not take this woman down without a good, long, hard fight!!

If you like my attitude, then you will also love my mom. We are exactly alike, except she is 4 inches shorter lol. Everyone tends to love our love of life, our sense of humor, and our loud boisterous laughs. Well except my dad and my ex LOL. My dad always told me if I didn't get my mothers look off my face he would slap it off. My moms boyfriends would call the house (when we lived together) and would talk dirty to me thinking I was my mom. My ex was sitting in the middle of my mom and I one day, someone said something funny, and when we both laughed he covered his ears and said "OMG!! STEREO!!" HeHeHeHe
    Last edited by MsCntry; 02-13-2009 at 08:23 PM.
    Diane
    Summit Club Member