As an auctioneer, I come across some interesting things. Some things I wouldn't expect in NC.

A tragic story....I recently visited an elderly lady to consult with her about some items she wanted to sell. She was in an assisted living situation and had tragically lost both of her children. She no longer had anyone to leave her belongings to when her time came.... She had the usual items...but my attention was diverted to a painting on the wall. The landscape looked familiar.

"Oh, that's Mount Washington," she said. "My son painted it, but I'm sure nobody around here would want it."

I told her about my stay on the mountain and we traded some stories. I could only imagine how nice even a short conversation would be to her.

Before I left, I made her an offer. I told her that I'd contact the folks at the summit to see if they might want the painting for their wall somewhere. If they did, I'd donate the cost and effort to get it there for her. That way, it would be in the right place.

Its a simple painting - oil...but probably painted by someone who loved the area.

Interested?

(Can't seem to attach the file since it requires a URL) I'll e-mail it to anyone who wants to see it.