Thread: a goal for next year

Thanks

Default a goal for next year

I want to climb again. When I was young, i climbed in Italy, colorado and of course in New Hampshire with my father. I have taken my kids up to tuckermans when they were younger and hiked over east and west bald plate in the last year along with Bemis this past summer. I want to get myself in climbing condition again and try winter backpacking with the ultimate goal of getting to the top of Mt Washington. My kids head to college next year. Im fairly wise, at least I think I am but have never done winter backpacking. So im introducing myself and hope to find some friend on here to learn and listen.

Dave

Thanks

Welcome Dave. Lots of folks here with good advice for what you are looking to do. Read some of the recent threads in the White Mountain Hikes forum and and it should get you on your way.
    Mark

Keep close to Nature's heart...
    and break clear away, once in awhile,
    and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods.
    Wash your spirit clean. - John Muir

Hiking photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/mtruman42
    Hiking Blog: http://theramblingsblog.blogspot.com/
    Seek the 2011 Peak page: Mark Truman's Pledge Page

Thanks

Hi, Dave! If you want to, you will. Time and patience will get you anywhere. Welcome to the forums!

Thanks

Hi Dave,
    I just finished my first winter climb on Mount Washington yesterday! It was a beautiful day and well worth the drive and work. Can't wait to go again. Already planning the next trip up. I definitely took enough equipment! Didn't use the majority of it but if I didn't have it...... Hope you make it up there!

My training consisted of climbing Mt. Monadock 2 times a week and snowshoeing as much as possible.