Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mt Madison - Yes! :D - Mar 5th, 2009

Thanks

Now that is good customers relations good for you. I took your advice and purchased a Jetboil today the kit that comes with a frying pan,utensils and the stabilizers etc. I also ordered in a package of beef stew from mountain house to try and a cannister of fuel. After the 20% discount and my dividend I only had to pay 14.00. Way cool.

Thanks

Default Great TR and pics!

Nice going, Corey! Hope to check this one off this week!

KDT

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KD Talbot View Post
    Nice going, Corey! Hope to check this one off this week!
    Have a blast. If you will not be wearing crampons up top, step carefully. There were literally rivers of ice just below/around the hut and in-between the rocks on the way up the climb using Osgood. If there is any of this new snow left, either of these may be hidden.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CHRIS View Post
    I took your advice and purchased a Jetboil today the kit that comes with a frying pan,utensils and the stabilizers etc. I also ordered in a package of beef stew from mountain house to try and a cannister of fuel. After the 20% discount and my dividend I only had to pay 14.00. Way cool.
    It is a good idea to play with the ignition and gas from the comfort of home before trying it in the middle of nowhere ;-) I know it took me a bit to get good at adjusting the flow and getting a light.

I thought of another small drawback. I was unable to operate it with thick gloves on, so had to open the valve with just thin liners. I haven't had to do this in extreme weather so it hasn't been a huge issue for me, but it might for some of the hard core types (it is a bear to turn on when really cold - either that or I am way too aggressive when I turn it off).

Have fun!! (my fav is Spaghetti w/ Meat Sauce)