Thread: How About a Marty Fan Page

Thanks

let me know when you start the " Where is Brad driving this weekend " page
    i am a Summit Club member
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/new pictures and videos

If your not a OBS member yet then what are you waiting for

Thanks

Default Marty Fan Page - update request

I JUST saw Cats 101 @ Animal Planet (it's July 4th, 2009).
    I searched on Yahoo for "Mount Washington Observatory Cat" and ended up here. I am a FaceBook user - can anyone tell me IF Marty has his page on FB or any other way i can learn more about the Mount Washington Cats and their care takers? I am HUGE advocate of having animals in the work place and i favor cats of course!

My facebook user name is wanda_velez@yahoo.com (APN Founder)
    Wanda Velez, Animal Welfare Activist

www.spayflorida.org
    www.animalprotectorsnetwork.org

Thanks

I too vote for a Marty Facebook page! (I saw the same Animal Planet show, and now I want to hike Mt Washington just to see him!)

Thanks

Personally, I want as many resources as possible going into more real-time White Mountain weather data, more up-time on the primary summit anemometer (it's already really good, but not 100%), and in order to record the next 231mph we need a south side summit anemometer.

If a Marty fan page will bring more $$ to the Obs and help the above become a reality maybe it's a good idea, otherwise, I'd rather the summit staff focus on the weather.
    Bill
    Next up: Vermont City Marathon: May, 2011
    EasternLight

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bill O View Post
    Personally, I want as many resources as possible going into more real-time White Mountain weather data, more up-time on the primary summit anemometer (it's already really good, but not 100%), and in order to record the next 231mph we need a south side summit anemometer.

If a Marty fan page will bring more $$ to the Obs and help the above become a reality maybe it's a good idea, otherwise, I'd rather the summit staff focus on the weather.
    I think a Marty fan page is a great idea!Look at the money Marty is already bringing in for the OBS with the sales of his poster and coffee mug.

I'm sure the summit staff take their work very seriously but in their off time they could help make a Marty fan page be profitable for the OBS.

Look at how many people come up to the summit just to meet Marty once they know that the OBS has a resident feline.He probably gets as many packages sent up for him as the summit staff does.

As bad as these economic times are I think anything the OBS could do to heighten people's awareness of the organization would be a good thing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anna LeBlanc View Post
    I think a Marty fan page is a great idea!Look at the money Marty is already bringing in for the OBS with the sales of his poster and coffee mug.

I'm sure the summit staff take their work very seriously but in their off time they could help make a Marty fan page be profitable for the OBS.

Look at how many people come up to the summit just to meet Marty once they know that the OBS has a resident feline.He probably gets as many packages sent up for him as the summit staff does.

As bad as these economic times are I think anything the OBS could do to heighten people's awareness of the organization would be a good thing.

I never want to see a day
    That's over forty degrees
    I'd rather have it thirty,
    Twenty, ten, five and let it freeeeEEEEEEeeze!

My Seek the Peak 2014 Photo Set

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Miser View Post
    I wonder if the OBS would let one or more of us cat lovers on the forums volunteer to manage a fan page. It could certainly be done on Facebook, if not the OBS website. >^..^<
    I think that would be a great idea Bob!You know how much I love cats;but you also know what a disaster I am at the computer. So I wouldn't do us much good unfortunately.Maybe KathyC or MelNino are good at all this Facebook stuff etc and could help out.

What the heck.Marty's already been on tv.He could become an international internet star and bring word of the OBS worldwide .Think of the new memberships it could generate from all over the globe.People everywhere are interested in the weather and cats no matter what language they speak.

Any other cat lovers out there?

Last edited by Anna LeBlanc; 10-17-2009 at 09:49 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Miser View Post
    I wonder if the OBS would let one or more of us cat lovers on the forums volunteer to manage a fan page. It could certainly be done on Facebook, if not the OBS website. >^..^<
    Poke around to see if anything exists yet. Anybody can start a fan page.
    Bill
    Next up: Vermont City Marathon: May, 2011
    EasternLight

Thanks

I just read all the posts for this thread, from where Mark came up with the idea for a fan page through the last post. One thing I did notice, on April 17th, Cara indicated that she wanted to handle setting up a page for Marty as time allowed her to do it. After doing a search on FB, I couldn't find a page for him, so I assume her schedule has been to busy to set one up. There are other cats that have them pages and they are pretty neat. After looking at a few of them, it does seem as if an individuals page for Marty would allow more benefits than a fan page. Any other thoughts?
    Bob

I never want to see a day
    That's over forty degrees
    I'd rather have it thirty,
    Twenty, ten, five and let it freeeeEEEEEEeeze!

My Seek the Peak 2014 Photo Set

Thanks

Default Dedicated Marty Page on the MWOBS Site

No doubt Marty brings in supporters for the MWOBS that otherwise might have never happened. Case in point: I as a new member are one of them !

Although long fascinated with the weather and having climbed the rock pile numerous times in my distant younger years, the other reason for joining was to keep up on Marty's adventures.

Let's see... already plenty of great web-cams on the summit.... How about a "Marty-Cam" so his many fans can check in on him and possibly catch a glimpse of him ???

Perhaps being a cat lover, this is a biased opinion; but my hunch is that a Marty/Cat Page added officially to the MWOBS site will be one of the more popular ! I personally would prefer not to have it take on the form of a "fan club" on Facebook, but rather from what life is like atop the summit from the perspective of Marty.. (big difference !).. One could have all kinds of fun with it such as weather reports from the perspective of the Observatory's star feline...

Not that this should ever detract from the Observatory's main objective, instead it could only enhance the Observatory's mission. Even Madison Ave knows the power of animal spokesmen.... Consider Tony the Tiger, The Energizer Bunny, even our own Govt with their Smokey the Bear... and here, the Observatory has something even better: their own living breathing spokes feline ! This if executed properly would be a marketing gold mine ! All that Marty need do is carry on as normal and occasionally pose for some pictures and video.. Anyways, one web location where visitors can view all the info and imagery of Marty, the former Nin, Jasper and Inga...

Even at my age, I'm now considering another last trip to the summit next summer (this time via the auto road or cog), just to meet Marty in person !

Just my take on it !