Thread: A little advice

Thanks

Default A little advice

Hey All,

So I'm out bouldering with my brother on Sunday. I was about five feet off the ground, when I slipped and.. ..aw crap, I rolled my ankle. Well, it felt like things were a bit more loose than the last time I was on the ground. Anyway, Fracture of the tibia on the medial side. Six to eight weeks in a cast, and if my follow-up goes well there will be no surgery.

Has anyone had this type of injury & what was the outcome? Surgery or not.

Joe.

Texas, currently. Moving back north to New England as soon as possible.
    Thanks

I fell 20 ft once off a limestone face. One foot landed on limestone, the other on grass. The foot that landed on the rock, my ankle went. Fractured the leg bone right at the end. The inside one, whichever one that is, and I was in a cast for 3 weeks and had to rehab the ligaments etc for about 6 months. The doctor said I was very close to needing a screw in there.
    Only one way to go.. Up!

Thanks

I broke my left ankle (tibia) four years ago (sorry - no exciting story as to how) - got checked out, and was told that if set and left alone, it would probably be OK, but that with surgery, etc. I would probably get a better result, be less likely to have complications when older, etc. I did have surgery - plate and five screws - was non-weight bearing for a couple weeks, than gradually became weight bearing, with physical therapy along the way. About two years ago, I had the plate and screws taken out. On the final xrays, you can't even tell the bone was ever broken and repaired. I sail, fish, scuba dive, hike, swim, ski, etc, and have had no trouble. I do notice that my left ankle feels a little different than my right - looser - but this has not been a problem.

Ed

Thanks

I messed up my ankle as a teenager on a motorcycle (dirt bike), went to the hospital and had x-rays taken but the swelling was too bad for them to see anything. They said to come back in a week but I never did. I lived with a bad decision for 3 years as my foot would swell every day I was at work and would keep me up at night with pain. Finally, after a car accident that broke a bone in the same foot, I went to the hospital and had it taken care of, PT to follow, and now my foot hardly ever bothers me. No swelling from work, hiking, or whatever.
    Steve
    Is there really any BAD weather???