Thread: April 25 Mt Flume to Mt Librety loop from I-93 basin parking

Thanks

Default April 25 Mt Flume to Mt Librety loop from I-93 basin parking

Yeah you can go ahead and say it this is a little old and I'm late posting, but I geuss late is better than never.

Left boston around 7-8ish then drove up. Took the Librety springs trail in and then took a right on Flume slide trail.

this picture is near the botom of the slide where you cross one of the many streams
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

I lost the blue trail markers and guess I came off trail and just went straight up the slide. Then I found the trail marker again on a rock a few hundred feet from the junction with Franconia ridge trail.

So I took a left to find this view ( first pic) and then walked on the ridge over to the top of mt liberty and then descended liberty springs.

Beautiful day, was mid 80s down in Boston and probably 70+ in valley and 60ish on summit. At lower elevations was no snow, but as soon as I got to probably 2000 - 2500' there was soft snow but you could tell it was melting rapidly? wish I would have taken more pictures and sorry they are not good quality as they are cell phone pics

Initially there was nobody on the trail but me so no pictures of any pretty ladies or anything like that, but I did pass a group of 4 European guys at the top of flume and I'm guessing they took the same route up as I did?

Is a great hike, flume slide is a little challenging depending on your skill level but it was very easy access from I-93 ( note I found it is easier to park at Basin parking lot and walk south on the recreational trail as opposed to parking at flume main parking lot
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

Great pictures but it would really be great if we could see them in larger size to get the full effect. If you haven't already got an online photo account somewhere you can create one for free on Picasa, Photobucket or one of the other free sites and upload there and then link the larger size versions to display in your posts here. We (or at least I) love to follow everyones hikes here and the pictures are a great part of that. Appreciate your sharing the TR in any case and late is better than never
    Mark

Keep close to Nature's heart...
    and break clear away, once in awhile,
    and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods.
    Wash your spirit clean. - John Muir

Hiking photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/mtruman42
    Hiking Blog: http://theramblingsblog.blogspot.com/
    Seek the 2011 Peak page: Mark Truman's Pledge Page

Thanks

Thanks for posting--sounds like your loop trip worked out great! The last photo gives a flavor of what that nice solid rock top section is like. Hopefully you'll have another trip to the Whites before long.

I wrote on my blog late last year about going up the slide. It was a hike I did about 10 years ago, but I wrote about it because someone was interested in the subject. We didn't see any blue blazes once we got onto the slide, we just headed straight for the summit:

http://streamsandforests.wordpress.c...ume-bushwhack/

Seems like it's been ages since I've been hiking--I've been stuck doing a lot of house fix-up lately because I'm going to put it on the market. I've been writing a lot on my blog about some off-trail hikes I've done in the past, mainly in the Smokies, like up the Jumpoff from the bottom.