Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spring Weekend in the Whites

Thanks

mark nice to see you and your wife again and your hikes look like you hade a good time
    very nice pictures
    i am a Summit Club member
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/new pictures and videos

If your not a OBS member yet then what are you waiting for

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtruman View Post

Pretty amazing that we managed to get pictures of the same cloud Val (and I'm sure it must be the same one). It was fun to watch it morph from the original form till it finally was no longer distinguishable.
    AGREED!! When we first saw it, we were halfway down to the parking lot... I took off almost at a run (for a forty-something), to get to a place where I could take the picture without the picnic table, tourist signs or other remnants of civilization. Between 4 of us, we had 3 cameras going and it was amazing how fast the cloud disintegrated.

Thanks

really nice pics and trip report.. thanks for taking the time to share it

Tim

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tim&Val View Post
    AGREED!! When we first saw it, we were halfway down to the parking lot... I took off almost at a run (for a forty-something), to get to a place where I could take the picture without the picnic table, tourist signs or other remnants of civilization. Between 4 of us, we had 3 cameras going and it was amazing how fast the cloud disintegrated.
    Thinking about it again today I found this quite disturbing. We both took pictures of the same extremely transient object at approximately the same time - said object having a serious resemblance to a UFO. Rewind about 15 months at which time we both took photos at nearly the same time of an interesting formation (also rather transient) on Mt Avalon which was at the time referred to as the "tiki tree". On further reflection said formation had an eerily similar resemblance to a UFO (if not somewhat smaller and colder). A coincidence? I wonder...

Mark

Keep close to Nature's heart...
    and break clear away, once in awhile,
    and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods.
    Wash your spirit clean. - John Muir

Hiking photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/mtruman42
    Hiking Blog: http://theramblingsblog.blogspot.com/
    Seek the 2011 Peak page: Mark Truman's Pledge Page

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtruman View Post
    Thinking about it again today I found this quite disturbing. We both took pictures of the same extremely transient object at approximately the same time - said object having a serious resemblance to a UFO. Rewind about 15 months at which time we both took photos at nearly the same time of an interesting formation (also rather transient) on Mt Avalon which was at the time referred to as the "tiki tree". On further reflection said formation had an eerily similar resemblance to a UFO (if not somewhat smaller and colder). A coincidence? I wonder...
    <creepy X-files music must be playing in the background>

You're definitely right! In fact, if you compare your tiki pic to my cloud pic, they are ridiculously similar in shape.

Thank you for making me laugh out loud tonight!