Thread: Is the Recent Weather Pattern about to Change?

Thanks

Default Is the Recent Weather Pattern about to Change?

Could one of the meteorologists in the MWOBS please give an opinion on this burning question? I will be vacationing in the Whites 7/16 - 7/24 and we will be hiking every day. Please tell me something good

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    Could one of the meteorologists in the MWOBS please give an opinion on this burning question? I will be vacationing in the Whites 7/16 - 7/24 and we will be hiking every day. Please tell me something good
    Unfortunately, we do not provide personalized forecasts or forecasts outside of 36 hours. But you can check back daily online for our forecasts. But, if you don't have internet, you can call our weather phone daily as well for an update on our 36 hour forecast, updated daily by 6 am EDT. This is at 603-356-2137 ext 1. This provides a 5 day valley forecast as well.

But since I am looking at models tonight in preparation for tomorrow, I can't tell ya anything great. Lots of clouds, showers and thunderstorms are in line for at least the next week and a half if not longer. Now, a lot can happen in a weeks time so if you are only planning on a few day hikes, I would call the weather phone or check online daily and plan your day on more accurate, up to date information. Sorry I could not be of more help but I hope your vacation goes well, rain (likely) or shine (hopefully).
    Ryan Knapp
    Staff Meteorologist/Night Observer, KMWN (Mt Washington Obs., NH)

Thanks

Thank you Ryan. A bad day in the mountains is still better than a good day in the office.

Thanks

I don't know. I've seen sone really bad days in the mountains. Ironically, they also happened to be great days at the office too.
    Bill
    Next up: Vermont City Marathon: May, 2011
    EasternLight