Thread: Boott Spur next summer

Thanks

Default Boott Spur next summer

Hello all,
    Next summer, on or around the 2nd anniversary of my Heart attack, I am planning on hiking to the summit of Mount Washington. I'm leaning toward using the Boott Spur Trail, as opposed to the Tuckerman Ravine. (due to the heavy traffic). Having never been there, is the physical stamina required pretty much the same for both trails? Another option could be the Jewell Trail.
    I'm well aware of the climate, and exposure hazards, and I'm looking for the most scenic, and quiet route. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

Default Boott Spur

We've hiked it several times and intend to hike it for Seek the Peak (again) this Saturday. It is a little longer than the Tucks and Lion Head routes but seldom as steep. From the top of BS we take Davis to Crawford to the summit in good weather, or we take Lawn Cut-off to Tucks if the weather's not so good.

Except for Nelson Crag, I'd say it is the least travelled route on the east side.

We have also climbed Jewel a couple of times. Again, longer, but not as steep, but more traffic than Boott Spur.

You can check out a couple of trip reports here if you want:

http://ghostflowers.com/nhscenics/mountwashington.html

Oh yeah, and welcome to the forum!

KDT

Thanks

Thanks, KD
    I seem to be drawn to the Boott Spur for some reason.

Thanks

hey there, boott spur is a wonderful trail, for the times i have been there the traffic has been very light to none, the birds are super friendly, i had a chickadee ( spelling sorry ) check me out up there just under treeline 6 inches from my face........there are sections of steep grade but for the most it is gradual, once you clear treeline exspect to be there for awhile.....the only bad part of the trail is when you break over the top and make your way to the visible peak the winds can be gusty but that was from one experience out of 3...........and the views are grand........good luck and good health....