Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nin died :(

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Steve M View Post
    Sorry to hear about Nin...I first met him with my son in 2006. It was a big deal for my son since he was only 5 yrs old. The whole trip to NH all he talked about was meeting Nin the mountain cat. We got his picture taken with Neil holding Nin. It was so cute, the expression on my sons face, he looked like he had received the best present of all at Christmas.
    That is so sweet

Thanks

I was extremely sad to hear about Nin.Even tho I never got to meet him I always loved reading about his antics and seeing his pictures and seeing him on the Obscasts.We have 10 cats of our own,all strays that we have taken in and know how terrible it is to lose them.They are our children

Thanks

I was so sad to read this news early this week.

When I went up the Mt. last October, I bought the last Nin cup that they had. I also had the pleasure of meeting Mike and Dianne, the people that took him him. I could tell how well they took care of him, you could hear the love in their voice. He had a great life for a kitty cat, on the mountain and in retirement.

He was such a beautiful cat, so regal.

Thanks

So sorry to hear about Nin's passing. Though I never had the pleasure to meet him, I could tell from all the comments and photos that he was very much loved by all who knew him. I'm sure he will have many warm laps and cat treats up in kitty heaven.
    Bob

I never want to see a day
    That's over forty degrees
    I'd rather have it thirty,
    Twenty, ten, five and let it freeeeEEEEEEeeze!

My Seek the Peak 2014 Photo Set

Thanks

I miss Nin. You'll never meet a friendlier, funnier cat. Wish I had a chance to see the little guy one more time.

Memories...you know how cartoon characters like Coyote and Roadrunner will spin their arms and legs frantically without going anywhere? Nin could do that sometimes, trying to turn the corner too fast in the weather room. His legs would be churning in one spot on the floor for a few seconds, then he'd finally get traction and zoom away. Just like a cartoon.

During a slide show during an EduTrip, suddenly a giant silhouette of Nin filled the screen. He knew exactly where to stand to find the center of attention. One morning he jumped up on my desk right in the middle of one of the live radio forecasts and sprawled across all my notes and maps, purring. I think I made some joke about being "obscured by Nin." Good ol' Nin. But when the crew played Scrabble, somehow he always knew not to disturb the tiles. He just lay down right at the edge of the board and kept us company while we played.

One night on the summit I was very sick, half-sleeping in misery on the couch. Nin came and sat with me, not lying down the way he'd usually do with a sleeping person, but sitting upright staring at my face. The night observer said Nin stayed like that for hours, as if keeping a hospital vigil.

We'll miss you, Nin.

(Picture: Nin hard at work in the weather room.)

Thanks

I'll never forget the first night I spent on the Summit as a volunteer. After dinner I got to see the movie Napoleon Dynamite for the first time. I sat there with Jim and Dan and Tom and, of course, Nin who sat on my lap for most of the duration of the movie. Nin obviously wanted to introduce himself to me and he did a great job of making me feel at home in an unfamiliar place, in a way that no human really is capable of.

Meeting Nin one time is all it took to feel like you made a friendship that will last forever. He is truly a special animal with a special soul and a spirit like no other.

Nin, thanks for making me feel at home. I will never forget you.

Thanks

first time we are posting here although we have been reading forums for quite sometime ...
    so very sad to hear about Nin - July 14th was a very hard day for us as well as we suddenly lost our dear orange tabby Rusty - not fair that Rusty will meet Nin before us. Hopefully, they will get along ...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

Thanks for all the many comments about Nin. He may have been the summits cat but in many ways he was the peoples cat. There have been many cats on the summit but he was the first cat to grab the national (if not the worlds) eye. He was around when comments became the norm on the summit. He lived in a time of Edutrips, Obscasts and Youtube bringing the outside community even closer to where he lived. And it is because he was the peoples cat that I am asking for your assistance. I am tasked with creating a memorial Obscast for him similar to when we said goodbye to him when he left the summit back in '07. Now, we have plenty of pics to pull from that we have taken but I would like some pics from you guys. If you want to be part of this Obscast (which is a video blog we produce weekly) either post your pics here on the forums or via a link to somewhere I can download them. A private message works as well. The deadline is Sunday August 2, 2009 at noon so anything posted after this date/time will be in the forums but will not likely show up in the video. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I will give credit at the end of the video via use of your screen name or if you want your real name, you can Private Message me on here with what you would like me to use (example of PM to send would be Knapper = Ryan Knapp). Thanks and we look forward to your input.
    Ryan Knapp
    Staff Meteorologist/Night Observer, KMWN (Mt Washington Obs., NH)

Thanks

Ryan, what a great idea! I will be looking forward to seeing it!

Thanks

good idea
    here is a painting my wife did of him and is now hanging up in there meeting room next to the weather room

i am a Summit Club member
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/new pictures and videos

If your not a OBS member yet then what are you waiting for