Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: North and Middle Tripyramid, Aug. 8, 2009

Thanks

Bob and Chris,

Thanks. It was Alex's goal to finish before she turns seven. If all goes as planned, she'll finish on August 29. On that day, she will be 6 years, 8 months, and one day old. I've told her she won't be the youngest, and that she MIGHT (but I'm not sure) be the youngest girl. SHe thought that was fine, but what she really wants is to just finish before turning seven. I'm pretty sure she'll be able to do that.

As for bragging rights -- funny, she tries to share her adventures, but kids her age have no clue what she's talking about. The adults kind of do, but they don't care all that much (unless they're also hikers). I'm always trying to find kids who like to hike, so that as she grows she can have child buddies who share her interests.

Thanks

Default Final climb Aug 29?

Trish we have to get a hike together between Alex and Madison. Are you set on the 29th for your final summit?? I spoke with Madison and he would like to be up there to celebrate with you and Alex. I think I am going to schedule a trip with Madison that weekend to come up and be there to congradulate you folks. I have a place Madison and I can stay in Lincoln so the climb is real close. I can't believe it is your last 48 already. I have been following your climbs since the first one. I think you writing a book is a great idea. I am first in line for a copy. Did you ever here of Cindy Ross? She is a friend of mine and has written many books on hiking with her children. Her books are really outstanding. I really think you would enjoy Cindy's books.

Thanks

Rockin' rex, we would be very happy to meet you and Madison. I sincerely hope you will come!

MadRiver over on VFTT and RocksonTop is kindly throwing us a party afterward. You would also be more than welcome to go to that. His place is in Thornton (not far from Lincoln or the Moose).

Thanks

Default #47

You are soooo close now. Getting anxious. Are you hiking this weekend?
    And if so, will you and Alex take the Osseo Trail or Liberty-Flume Slide Trail to summit Flume? From past experience, I would suggest Osseo; its longer but a more enjoyable trail depending on what you are looking for.
    Little D

Thanks

Hi, no, not hiking this weekend.

Don't yet know which route we're taking. Originally, Alex wanted to do the Flume Slide. Now, after the slides on the Tripyramids and the Owl's Head slide, she says she's ready for "normal" trail again. I'll leave it up to her which way we go.

I've heard many good things about the Osseo Trail, so if we go that route, I'm sure we'll enjoy it.