Thread: Blackberry

Thanks

Default Blackberry

Greetings,
    I'm new here and was wondering if there is Blackberry coverage on the White Mountains. The request is not for the reasons some of you may think. I carry the BB to use as a lightweight camera and to check dopler weather. It's great for viewing near real time weather reports. Thanks,
    Dave

Thanks

Yes and no. Your camera works coverage or not. The internet service is spotty and slow depending on where you are in the Whites. It is all line of site with the closest tower in Twin Mountain (west), Gorham (north) and Conway (southish). So if you are in the Ravines, service is bad but if on a ridge with line of site, it works decent. But, it should be said that your provider is a bigger issue. If you are Verizon, can be a bit difficult to get a steady, useable signal but ATT is the better of the two major carriers. But with dopplar, be prepared to just get still images as trying to get a loop takes way too long and drains your battery (talking from experience). So, carrying it as a tool is ok.
    Ryan Knapp
    Staff Meteorologist/Night Observer, KMWN (Mt Washington Obs., NH)

Thanks

Default Thanks Ryan

Thank you Ryan. BTW, Sprint is my provider and I use one of the larger capacity batteries purchased from Crackberry.com.
    Cheers,
    Dave