Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Time to guess first snow fall on M.W.

Mount Washington, NH/Kearsarge, NH/State College, PA
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    It is premature to give out congratulations since the official record for the contest is the daily F6. But, we have an inside (or is it an outside) source who says we have exceeded the 2.0 inch mark. Actual confirmation will be in tomorrow's F6. But, the celebrations can begin.
    Your source is currently inside but is going to head outside to take some pictures of the drifts that are starting to form for our page on Facebook.

I just measured another 1.3 at he 18Z synoptic, bringing the storm total to 3.9 inches. Still coming down out there though.
    Brian Clark

MWO Observer and Meteorologist

http://mountwashington.accuweather.com<---- My blog on AccuWeather.com

We are....PENN STATE!!

Thanks

Thumbs up Whoohoo!

Congrats Mark! We should meet up there for a celebratory hike! My son is 10 today and he said it would snow on his b-day on the summit! Never question a 10year old!
    ~Rich

Thanks

Thumbs up

Congratulations Mark and Rich! Rich you should be very proud of your son.Wish him a Happy Birthday from all of us.

Thanks

Congrats to you both....

October is one of the greatest months of the year....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anna LeBlanc View Post
    Maybe Kathy could bring up Marty his little velcro booties so he can go snowboarding with Mike and skiing with Ryan.

I hear since Marty heard the first real snow will be tomorrow he's asking Santa for goggles and a helmet this year too.
    I was in PetSmart yesterday and I thought about getting him and my cat another Halloween costume, they had a cute red devil and witch hat for the cat. The more I looked at them, I said no way will they wear this. My cat will wear her spider collar again, she's in my avatar. Marty has a matching one, I gave it to him last year.

Won't make the summit this year.

Thanks

Well, since some of you don't find weather observers/meteorologist on the actual summit reliable sources of information for this contest (even though neither of us entered), the excel version of the WS Form F-6 has been posted with an "official" 7.4 inches for the 13th of October.
    Ryan Knapp
    Staff Meteorologist/Night Observer, KMWN (Mt Washington Obs., NH)

Thanks

We have a Winnah-s. Congratulations, officially, to Mark and Rich! 7.4 inches shows up on the F6 this morning.
    Brad (a 6288 club member)
    http://bradstreet.zenfolio.com Personal Photo sales site
    http://public.fotki.com/bradbradstreet Personal photo web site
    http://public.fotki.com/MWO/saved/2012/ MWO image & video archive site 2006-2012

Thanks

Thanks

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by KathyC View Post
    I was in PetSmart yesterday and I thought about getting him and my cat another Halloween costume, they had a cute red devil and witch hat for the cat. The more I looked at them, I said no way will they wear this. My cat will wear her spider collar again, she's in my avatar. Marty has a matching one, I gave it to him last year.

Won't make the summit this year.
    Kathy,maybe the guys could just get some washable white markers and make Marty a cute little skunk this year for Halloween.

I'm sure Marty will be very proud to wear his spider collar from his Auntie Kathy this year too.

Sorry you won't make it to the summit this year but I'm sure Marty knows how much you love him.

He was very affectionate and playful when we visited him this Summer.He makes the purrrrfect Halloween mascot don't you think?

Anna

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Congrats Mark! We should meet up there for a celebratory hike! My son is 10 today and he said it would snow on his b-day on the summit! Never question a 10year old!
    Same to your Rich! The hike sounds like a great idea! Maybe not on Mt Washington with all the snow though . You picked your son's birthday and I picked our anniversary (30 this year). Looks like a lucky date for many reasons! Now all we have to do is collect our prizes. I think it was a winter Edu-trip, right? Oh, and Happy Birthday to your son.
    Mark

Keep close to Nature's heart...
    and break clear away, once in awhile,
    and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods.
    Wash your spirit clean. - John Muir

Hiking photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/mtruman42
    Hiking Blog: http://theramblingsblog.blogspot.com/
    Seek the 2011 Peak page: Mark Truman's Pledge Page