Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looking For A Headlamp

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtruman View Post
    Spotting things up in trees!?!? What kind of things!? Seems like the light may be working too well!
    We were mostly looking for owls, porcupines and the Boogeyman. No, really just the animals. It wasn't frightening at all in the dark woods. We were on the alert though for a bear, or a buck during the rut, but we ended up not seeing anything.
    Last edited by Snow Miser; 09-22-2009 at 02:54 PM.
    Bob

I never want to see a day
    That's over forty degrees
    I'd rather have it thirty,
    Twenty, ten, five and let it freeeeEEEEEEeeze!

My Seek the Peak 2014 Photo Set

Thanks

I've got two headlamps and one Surefire flash light that I use regularly - one is a Black Diamond Icon, the other is a heavy-duty Petzl (rechargeable), I forget the model. All three lights have worked well. I've used lithium AAs with the Icon and the Surefire flashlight, w/o a problem, including during winter volunteer weeks on the summit.

Ed

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Miser View Post
    Oh, BTW, now I'm hooked on night hiking too. How am I ever going to do all these hikes between daylight and night and work at the same time LOL?
    Solution: Bag the work stuff and stick to hiking. work just gets in the way. Gee, why am I going back to work after 9 months off?
    Brad (a 6288 club member)
    http://bradstreet.zenfolio.com Personal Photo sales site
    http://public.fotki.com/bradbradstreet Personal photo web site
    http://public.fotki.com/MWO/saved/2012/ MWO image & video archive site 2006-2012

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    Solution: Bag the work stuff and stick to hiking. work just gets in the way. Gee, why am I going back to work after 9 months off?
    Brad, I love that solution. I may have to give that a try. Now I just have to figure out a way to keep the bill collectors away.
    Bob

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Miser View Post
    Brad, I love that solution. I may have to give that a try. Now I just have to figure out a way to keep the bill collectors away.
    Well you can always just keep walking, they probably won't be able to keep up with you

Thanks

Surefire Saint Minimus is the headlamp for me. Lithium 123 batteries can be bought online for $1 each.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kaseri View Post
    Surefire Saint Minimus is the headlamp for me. Lithium 123 batteries can be bought online for $1 each.
    That's a really nice headlamp. At 3.3 ounces you probably forget you're even wearing it. Not sure I would like the short battery life though. With the Black Diamond Icon, I was secure knowing that once deep in the dark woods, I had 80 to 140 hours of burn time without having to reload the batteries. I suppose that's why there's a headlamp available for each hikers needs.
    Bob

Thanks

Petzl make a number of high quality headlamps but if you want something low-cost, that is also very good ... the Princeton Tech Fuel 4 headlamp.

I have owned & used a number of headlamps in the past, from the Petzl Zoom, the new Myo's with belt pack (which are super cool) but considering overall weight, weather resistance, brightness and finally cost ... it's tough to beat the Fuel 4.

My appologies if this has already been mentioned.