Thread: can i?

Thanks

Default can i?

i have a 05 nissan altim 3.5 with that new + and - thing and was wondering if anyone knew if it could be able to go up to autoroad??

Thanks

Default Auto Road

Not sure. Someone here may be able to answer, but you may be better off asking here, there's an email "contact us" at the bottom of the page.

http://www.mountwashingtonautoroad.com/

KDT

Thanks

Yes............
    Bill
    Next up: Vermont City Marathon: May, 2011
    EasternLight

Thanks

Yes, you are good to go. That + and - thing is your sport-shift, manual shift, triptronic-shift, transmission over-ride ( different manufacturers describe it in different terms). When you move your shift lever over into that+/- area, you'll find you have a manual range of gearing, M1, M2, M3, M4.

Breeze

Thanks

Wow, that is one scarey drive up. I did it last year for the first time, went into a panic half way up and wanted to turn around, but my sister kept cheering me on to keep going. My goal was to meet Marty and I did.......

Thanks

That is a pretty scary drive up when it's your first time, especially if you're in the passenger seat. After a few times though, it isn't bad at all.

KathyC, it's great that you and your sister pressed onward so you could accomplish your goal of meeting Marty. I wanted to meet him during STP9, but I think they were keeping him away from the crowds since he was still recovering from his dental surgery.
    Bob

I never want to see a day
    That's over forty degrees
    I'd rather have it thirty,
    Twenty, ten, five and let it freeeeEEEEEEeeze!

My Seek the Peak 2014 Photo Set

Thanks

Speaking as a car enthusiast, your car will have no trouble going up the autoroad. The big thing for you, and any car, is watching your brakes on the way down.

If you THINK you start to smell overheated brakes, pull over and STOP for 10 min or so. And the most important thing to remember when you do stop, DO NOT sit and wait with your foot on the brake, or put your handbrake on. Put it in park and turn it off. If you want to be extra careful, every couple minutes, roll the car forward about 12" and then stop again.

The reason for this is that if your rotors are red hot, and the pads are too, stopping with the brakes on, the rest of the rotor will cool with the exception of the spot where the pads grab the rotor. This will cause the pads to leave a deposit of material on the rotor, and possibly warp the rotors.

If you do find that rotors are vibrating a little once you get down the road, not to panic. Most likely its pad material and this will wear off with normal driving. If the rotors are slightly warped, they can sometimes come back into shape with driving and doing a few hard stops in an empty parking lot.
    Summit Club Member
    Seek the Peak 11
    Seek the Peak 10: Lions Head/Tuckermans Ravine
    Seek the Peak 09: Boot Spur (redux)
    Seek the Peak 08: Huntington Ravine
    Seek the Peak 07: Tuckermans Ravine/Lions Head
    My 48: Washington (07/07, 07/08, 07/09, 09/09, 07/10), Lafayette (08/08, 08/09), Lincoln (08/08, 08/09), Pierce (07/10), Carrigain (09/10), Cannon (10/10), Jackson (11/10), Field (11/10), Tom (01/11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDog View Post
    Speaking as a car enthusiast, your car will have no trouble going up the autoroad. The big thing for you, and any car, is watching your brakes on the way down.

If you THINK you start to smell overheated brakes, pull over and STOP for 10 min or so. And the most important thing to remember when you do stop, DO NOT sit and wait with your foot on the brake, or put your handbrake on. Put it in park and turn it off. If you want to be extra careful, every couple minutes, roll the car forward about 12" and then stop again.

The reason for this is that if your rotors are red hot, and the pads are too, stopping with the brakes on, the rest of the rotor will cool with the exception of the spot where the pads grab the rotor. This will cause the pads to leave a deposit of material on the rotor, and possibly warp the rotors.

If you do find that rotors are vibrating a little once you get down the road, not to panic. Most likely its pad material and this will wear off with normal driving. If the rotors are slightly warped, they can sometimes come back into shape with driving and doing a few hard stops in an empty parking lot.
    Very good and accurate description.

When I did the auto road I saw (well, heard the engine RPM) two cars, both with autos, that didn't put their transmissions into a low gear and rode the brakes from pull off to pull off. Eh, what?

I'm glad I had a stick. The racing pads helped too