Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 49 of 49

Thread: Feedback & Questions on New Member Content

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    6,247
    Thanks
    112
    Thanked 398 Times in 250 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill O
    Isn't there a box to check that will keep you signed in? I check that box, I use Firefox 2.0 and I am staying signed in....I think.
    There is a check box - but when Firefox is shut down that setting does not stay. If it is the same day, I can get right back in. The issue is the next day the cookie seems to have expired.
    Brad (a 6288 club member)
    http://bradstreet.zenfolio.com Personal Photo sales site
    http://public.fotki.com/bradbradstreet Personal photo web site
    http://public.fotki.com/MWO/saved/2012/ MWO image & video archive site 2006-2012

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,679
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 32 Times in 28 Posts

    Default

    I'm guessing that's a personal setting in your browser. Might want to play around in >Tools >Options >Privacy
    Bill
    Next up: Vermont City Marathon: May, 2011
    EasternLight

  3. #43
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    542
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill O
    Am I missing something? Why are there two movies side by side? I thought one was yesterday's and one was today's, but I just looked and all the movies are from today.
    The two images are made to look like part of the same filmstrip. That's why they have the filmish looking border. Maybe we should put a picture of a blu-ray disk for you tech geeks.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    6,247
    Thanks
    112
    Thanked 398 Times in 250 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill O
    I'm guessing that's a personal setting in your browser. Might want to play around in >Tools >Options >Privacy
    I have cookies set to expire based on the cookie - with no over-ride from me. The history for pages was set to 1 day. Not sure why that would mess with cookies. I changed this to the default of 9 days and will see if that changes anything tomorrow.
    Brad (a 6288 club member)
    http://bradstreet.zenfolio.com Personal Photo sales site
    http://public.fotki.com/bradbradstreet Personal photo web site
    http://public.fotki.com/MWO/saved/2012/ MWO image & video archive site 2006-2012

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    6,247
    Thanks
    112
    Thanked 398 Times in 250 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad
    I have cookies set to expire based on the cookie - with no over-ride from me. The history for pages was set to 1 day. Not sure why that would mess with cookies. I changed this to the default of 9 days and will see if that changes anything tomorrow.
    Nope - no change. With the history set to 9 days I still had to log back in this morning to see the premium content. I do not have to log in for the forums.
    Brad (a 6288 club member)
    http://bradstreet.zenfolio.com Personal Photo sales site
    http://public.fotki.com/bradbradstreet Personal photo web site
    http://public.fotki.com/MWO/saved/2012/ MWO image & video archive site 2006-2012

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    6,247
    Thanks
    112
    Thanked 398 Times in 250 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike D
    The two images are made to look like part of the same filmstrip. That's why they have the filmish looking border. Maybe we should put a picture of a blu-ray disk for you tech geeks.
    Another suggestion would be to use the start image as the left image in the filmstrip. And use the ending image in the right of the filmstrip. Then it relates to "today". Having the date of the video would still be nice.
    Brad (a 6288 club member)
    http://bradstreet.zenfolio.com Personal Photo sales site
    http://public.fotki.com/bradbradstreet Personal photo web site
    http://public.fotki.com/MWO/saved/2012/ MWO image & video archive site 2006-2012

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    6,247
    Thanks
    112
    Thanked 398 Times in 250 Posts

    Default

    I am still having to log back into the site (not the forums) to see the premium content every time I start up Firefox. This is true when using Firefox on my personal laptop and when using Firefox on my office machine.
    Brad (a 6288 club member)
    http://bradstreet.zenfolio.com Personal Photo sales site
    http://public.fotki.com/bradbradstreet Personal photo web site
    http://public.fotki.com/MWO/saved/2012/ MWO image & video archive site 2006-2012

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,679
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 32 Times in 28 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad
    I am still having to log back into the site (not the forums) to see the premium content every time I start up Firefox. This is true when using Firefox on my personal laptop and when using Firefox on my office machine.
    Are you using Firefox 2.0? I'm not having that problem on any of my computers running Firefox 2.0.
    Bill
    Next up: Vermont City Marathon: May, 2011
    EasternLight

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    6,247
    Thanks
    112
    Thanked 398 Times in 250 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill O
    Are you using Firefox 2.0? I'm not having that problem on any of my computers running Firefox 2.0.
    I am on Firefox 2.0.0.1 on both computers.
    Brad (a 6288 club member)
    http://bradstreet.zenfolio.com Personal Photo sales site
    http://public.fotki.com/bradbradstreet Personal photo web site
    http://public.fotki.com/MWO/saved/2012/ MWO image & video archive site 2006-2012

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •