Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photo recomndations

Thanks

Default Photo recomndations

My wife and I are hopefully heading North for a day maybe two on Columbus day weekend (weather permitting) and I was wondering if anybody can recomend any places in the whites that they have found good shooting at. I planned a trip down the Kang.,Franconia and Crawford Notches and possibly Evans notch.Maybe even if clear and open The summit of M/W. Not looking to do much if any hiking as that would take to much time and I want to get as much as I can. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Thanks

Chris,I know you said you weren't planning to do much hiking but what about a quick trip up the Old Bridle Path Trail up West Rattlesnake Mt. overlooking Squam Lake?
    The whole trip would probably take an hour and you should be able to get some great shots of the lake from the ledges.

Thanks

Default Arethusa Falls

Several nice spots to shoot the falls. Take the lower trail (yellow flashes I think) either on your way up to the main falls or on the way back. We saw a bull moose during our hike up to the falls.

Last edited by MOAB149; 10-01-2009 at 07:20 PM.

Thanks

I would stick to the overlooks, short hikes with great views...
    Black Cap
    Square Ledge
    Cathedral Ledge
    Artist's Bluff (franconia)
    Elephant Head (crawford)
    Blueberry Mountain (evans)

And if you've never stopped there...the Basin Pond in evans notch can't be missed!

Also, don't rule out the Tamworth/Wonalancet area...scenic, and not as crowded!

Hope that helps!

Jim
    "I've learned that everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but that all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it."
    ~Andy Rooney

Follow my photography on Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jim-Sa...y/156147782386

Thanks

I noticed this past weekend that its almost too late for a lot in the Pemi if you are looking for foliage, maybe somewhere a bit more south in the sandwich range would be better.
    -John

"The Mountains are calling and I must go"

Thanks

Thanks everybody for your help. I printed all these suggestion and I am going to be marking the map this weekend. Hopefully I will still be able to get some good colors.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by claaky23 View Post
    I noticed this past weekend that its almost too late for a lot in the Pemi if you are looking for foliage, maybe somewhere a bit more south in the sandwich range would be better.
    A few of us are coming up next Sunday to do Garfield and were hoping for a bit of color in the Pemi. But hey, brown is a nice color too.

Chris, I hope you two can find some nice color when you're up here.
    Bob

I never want to see a day
    That's over forty degrees
    I'd rather have it thirty,
    Twenty, ten, five and let it freeeeEEEEEEeeze!

My Seek the Peak 2013 Photo Set

Thanks

a quick hike up Mt Willard would provide a very nice photo op this time of year.

Thanks

Just a note. Do not wait till last minute to find lodging especially on a holiday weekend and for only one night DUH!!! Finally found a place in Waterville Valley Snowy Owl Inn and Resort and they let me have it for only one nite. Wanted to be around North Conway but could not stay three nites. Only had sitter for one. I would have stayed in my tent but when I mentioned the forcast my wife her eyes said it all GULP. But hey I got a room with a jacuzzi .

Thanks

Chris, I know what you mean about booking a motel a little too late. We're coming up this weekend also and I started phoning around about two weeks ago. Everything was pretty much booked solid. Finally got a place up in Jefferson for two nights. Many places did have the three night minimum.

Have a great trip and enjoy the leaves. Right now it looks like the weather should be okay.
    Bob

I never want to see a day
    That's over forty degrees
    I'd rather have it thirty,
    Twenty, ten, five and let it freeeeEEEEEEeeze!

My Seek the Peak 2013 Photo Set