Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are there any other Baseball fans??

Thanks

I have a good feeling about the Yanks this year. But anything can happen in the playoffs, it's a different world.

I've had Saturday season tickets for about the last ten years and our seats were grandfathered in for playoff tickets. They always gave us game two of the first two series and usually game 6 of the WS. They always seemed to fall on a week night, this year it's on a Saturday, go figure. With the new stadium we got bumped out of the running for play off tickets, and I wasn't about to pay a fortune off the internet....

But, I have lots of friends who have tickets and I may still end up with one or two...

Thanks

Let's just hope that we don't get payback from Joe Torre this year...
    Mark

Keep close to Nature's heart...
    and break clear away, once in awhile,
    and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods.
    Wash your spirit clean. - John Muir

Hiking photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/mtruman42
    Hiking Blog: http://theramblingsblog.blogspot.com/
    Seek the 2011 Peak page: Mark Truman's Pledge Page

Thanks

The league championship series each feature teams from the opposite coasts. There's a 25% chance the world series could be an east coast affair.
    When you're chewing on life's gristle
    Don't grumble, give a whistle
    And this'll help things turn out for the best. And always look on the bright side of life.

Thanks

Talking

KathyC even tho you're up in NH on vacation right now I hope you are enjoying your Yankees beating up the Angels!This might be your best birthday present yet!!!!

Thanks

I'm home now, got home yesterday.......... Was a great time away!! Did tons of shopping and some hiking too...

The Yanks won again last night, YAY!! I put the game on, but was out cold on my couch, I woke up at 4 AM and went to bed.

Too bad Torre is done, would have been nice to see him back in the Stadium.

Anna, the best baseball Bday present I have ever gotten was Oct. 16 2003, game 7 of the ALCS, Yankees/ Boston. Aaron Boone hit the HR, I sat in section 35, the very last section in right field up against the wall. I have that ticket framed and up on my wall.....

I don't think I'll ever see another game like that again in my life, the energy was indescribable, it felt like the stadium was actually living.

Unfortunately almost to the day one year later I was also at game 7 of the ALCS. When Damon hit the slam off of Vasques, the ball actually went in slow motion and the life was sucked out of the stadium. At the end I never looked at home plate to watch the celebration.

Thanks

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by KathyC View Post
    I'm home now, got home yesterday.......... Was a great time away!! Did tons of shopping and some hiking too...

The Yanks won again last night, YAY!! I put the game on, but was out cold on my couch, I woke up at 4 AM and went to bed.

Too bad Torre is done, would have been nice to see him back in the Stadium.

Anna, the best baseball Bday present I have ever gotten was Oct. 16 2003, game 7 of the ALCS, Yankees/ Boston. Aaron Boone hit the HR, I sat in section 35, the very last section in right field up against the wall. I have that ticket framed and up on my wall.....

I don't think I'll ever see another game like that again in my life, the energy was indescribable, it felt like the stadium was actually living.

Unfortunately almost to the day one year later I was also at game 7 of the ALCS. When Damon hit the slam off of Vasques, the ball actually went in slow motion and the life was sucked out of the stadium. At the end I never looked at home plate to watch the celebration.
    Kathy,
    You know I'm a Red Sox fan;so I can't say I'm sorry you were there when Damon hit the winning HR.But I'm happy for you now.Hope you really enjoyed your trip North.Where did you do your hiking?I'm glad you got some in!

Thanks

Monday morning was absolutely clear, brisk and beautiful outside. There was a trail behind our hotel that lead to a clearing on the Saco, so after breakfast my sister and I walked it. Winding through the trees it opened to a really pretty clearing, we hung out there for a while just taking it in.

Later in the afternoon, we drove up the Kanc and went to see the Sabaday falls, not what you would really consider a hike, but a really nice and relaxing walk. Alot of people were there too.

On the drive back we stopped at the Chapney falls and decided to do that. We walked in quite a bit, it was pretty rocky. I had new sneakers on and kept slipping, but we kept going. As we went further in the the trail didn't seem quite clear to us and it got confusing the higher we climbed. No one else was around, so we decided to turn back.

I know to most of you it is a lame hike, but we are not experienced in this at all. She would have kept going, but I told her (from all that I've learned here) that we are not wearing the right clothing because I was slipping all over the place, we just had vests on, we had no back packs or water and do not know what we are doing. It was about 2:30 and it was getting pretty shady from the sun going over. I admit that I got nervous so we turned back. So we went back to No. Conway and shopped some more...

Next year it is a quest for me to go all the way to the top of Chocorua, start early and bring the proper items. Try to find some trails around here to practice on, maybe get more familiar with it.

Thanks

It's great to hear that your weekend up north with your sister went well; and that you were able to get in some leisurely walks. Often times they are just as nice as an all out hike.

You probably did the right thing to turn back heading to Chapney Falls. Even though they are not that far in, your intuition steered you in the right direction. As they always say here in the forums, the falls and Chocorua will be there next year when you are better prepared.
    Bob

I never want to see a day
    That's over forty degrees
    I'd rather have it thirty,
    Twenty, ten, five and let it freeeeEEEEEEeeze!

My Seek the Peak 2014 Photo Set

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KathyC View Post
    I know to most of you it is a lame hike...
    No such think as a lame hike. Each time to go out you learn something that makes the next time better. You'll love Chocorua*when you get up there. You can also do a variation by going up the same route and over to the 3 Sisters instead. Same drop dead gorgeous views and no crowds like on Chocorua (and you get the view of Chocorua right across the col).

GO YANKS! Please, no more boneheaded decisions from Girardi like the pitching change on Monday that cost us the game. World Series here we come!!!
    Mark

Keep close to Nature's heart...
    and break clear away, once in awhile,
    and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods.
    Wash your spirit clean. - John Muir

Hiking photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/mtruman42
    Hiking Blog: http://theramblingsblog.blogspot.com/
    Seek the 2011 Peak page: Mark Truman's Pledge Page