Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Cat Fanciers.....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anna LeBlanc View Post
    Mark,Bella is absolutely beautiful.She reminds me of our calico Aimee.She is Mommy's spoiled rotten little baby.She will fall asleep in my arms even when I'm standing up.

Did you want another calico after you lost Maggie?I know after we lost our beautiful blue-eyed pure white cat Maddie I wanted another pure white kitten and that was how we ended up with Madu and Spicy.However,she became my husband Gary's special little girl.She actually cries when he doesn't pay attention to her.Mom is second fiddle to her.

Good luck with Bella.What does Jake think of her?Keep those pictures coming.
    We knew that we would wind up getting a third cat again after we lost Maggie. We hadn't specifically been looking for a Calico but when we went to the shelter Sunday and saw Bella (they called her April) we knew she was the one. Calicos have such a wonderful personality.

She was in the spare bedroom (where our daughter hangs out one the computer) with the door closed yesterday to give her a chance to adjust. Our daughter slept with her last night and today we left the door open so that she could come out if she wanted. She stayed in the bedroom most of the day anyway and did meet both of the other cats (a bit of tame hissing) and Jake (who she hissed at which made him put his ears back and retreat from the big bad kitty). I'm sure that harmony will return within a day or so.
    Mark

Keep close to Nature's heart...
    and break clear away, once in awhile,
    and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods.
    Wash your spirit clean. - John Muir

Hiking photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/mtruman42
    Hiking Blog: http://theramblingsblog.blogspot.com/
    Seek the 2011 Peak page: Mark Truman's Pledge Page

Thanks

Default Calicos

Quote Originally Posted by mtruman View Post
    We knew that we would wind up getting a third cat again after we lost Maggie. We hadn't specifically been looking for a Calico but when we went to the shelter Sunday and saw Bella (they called her April) we knew she was the one. Calicos have such a wonderful personality.

She was in the spare bedroom (where our daughter hangs out one the computer) with the door closed yesterday to give her a chance to adjust. Our daughter slept with her last night and today we left the door open so that she could come out if she wanted. She stayed in the bedroom most of the day anyway and did meet both of the other cats (a bit of tame hissing) and Jake (who she hissed at which made him put his ears back and retreat from the big bad kitty). I'm sure that harmony will return within a day or so.
    Mark,

Like you,every calico I've ever met has been absolutely the sweetest little thing on four-paws you'd ever want to meet.

I'm sure after a couple of days everyone will be getting along.Poor JakeNigel herds our cats.It's really funny to see.Some of them don't appreciate it but our youngest male cat Sunny adores him.They cuddle up together and Nigel will lick Sunny's head until he looks like a spitball

Keep us updated on Bella's progress.And more pictures!!!

Anna

Thanks

Default Nice

Anna & Mark, great pictures of very beautiful animals. Awesome markings on Bella, good luck with her, she looks very happy to be posing like that after only a day or two at her new home.

Matt

Thanks

Smile Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Moa57 View Post
    Anna & Mark, great pictures of very beautiful animals. Awesome markings on Bella, good luck with her, she looks very happy to be posing like that after only a day or two at her new home.

Matt
    Thank you so much for your gracious comments Matt.I agree withn you;Bella is a beautiful little girl.Your Gracie Mae is a real sweetie too.

Keep sending us those pictures.The more animals the better;cats,dogs,any friendly four legged family members.

Anna

Thanks

Default Nigel

Mark,

I mentioned that Nigel herds the cats;here are some pictures of Nigel doing what he was meant to do.

He made us very proud in October when he passed his herding instinct test for herding sheep at the Black Birch Farm in Sturbridge,MA

We had never seen him run this fast before!!!So here's ........Nigel

DSC00293.jpg

DSC00292.jpg

See those little stubby legs really can move!!!

Anna

Thanks

I love the herding pictures. What I'd really like to see is pictures of him herding the cats .

Thanks for the comments about Bella everyone. She's continuing to acquaint herself with all the rest of the family. She still hasn't decided that a big slobery 90lb Labrador is someone that she needs to befriend (much to Jake's chagrin) but that will come soon I'm sure.
    Mark

Keep close to Nature's heart...
    and break clear away, once in awhile,
    and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods.
    Wash your spirit clean. - John Muir

Hiking photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/mtruman42
    Hiking Blog: http://theramblingsblog.blogspot.com/
    Seek the 2011 Peak page: Mark Truman's Pledge Page

Thanks

Wink Poor Jake

Quote Originally Posted by mtruman View Post
    I love the herding pictures. What I'd really like to see is pictures of him herding the cats .

Thanks for the comments about Bella everyone. She's continuing to acquaint herself with all the rest of the family. She still hasn't decided that a big slobery 90lb Labrador is someone that she needs to befriend (much to Jake's chagrin) but that will come soon I'm sure.
    Mark,

Maybe if you sprinkled alittle catnip on Jake when Bella is anywhere around him she might fall in love with him faster. Keep us informed on the Bella and Jake saga!!!

__________-

Anna

P.S. Glad you liked the herding pictures.I'll have to work on the other ones.

Thanks

Wow, they are all such beautiful animals...

Thanks

Smile Holiday pictures

Now that the holiday season is officially in full swing how about posting some pictures of all your animals from seasons past.

Here's Nigel doing his best Santa impersonation:

DSC00626.jpg

And Spicy is trying to make herself look like a stuffed animal so Santa won't know she's awake and will still leave her present for her:

DSC01047 (2).jpg

So bring on the holiday pet parade people!!!

Cheers,

Anna

Thanks

Anna, those two photos are great! Nigel looks like he loves to wear his Santa hat.

Here's a photo of a cat my sister had some years back.
    Her name was PJ and she loved to climb up inside the tree
    and watch everyone pass by.

P.J. Dec 1993.jpg
    Last edited by Snow Miser; 11-25-2009 at 03:56 PM.
    Bob

I never want to see a day
    That's over forty degrees
    I'd rather have it thirty,
    Twenty, ten, five and let it freeeeEEEEEEeeze!

My Seek the Peak 2014 Photo Set