Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Cat Fanciers.....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anna LeBlanc View Post
    FisherCat,

Love all the pictures.Great story about Gen.John Stark too.I was wondering how old he is now?

Do they all get along well together.I know most Siamese can be very possessive of their owners.How does Thaiphoon get along with the other two?

Anna
    Anna,
    General John Stark is now 2yrs, 2mos old. He is definitely our smallest cat, he weighs only about 12lbs., but he is the scrappiest and, with the death of our former pride leader who was a Chocolate-Point Siamese, is now more of the leader himself. They all get along well and Thaiphoon is more of my wife's cat than anyone else is, but we have never witnessed any fits of jealousy, he is very gentle and talkative.
    Algonquin is a big "chirper" like most Maine Coons, he also has a tendency to bark, almost like a dog. Our cats are all indoors, but when there is snow we let Nanners out for a little bit and his "snowshoe" imprints are about as big as a small dog. Quite impressive.

Its fun going to the vet and hearing names like General John Stark called out, giving me a chance to explain, and then hearing them trip and fumble over "Alqun...Alguin..uh...how do you say this?"
    "LIVE FREE OR DIE...DEATH IS NOT THE WORST OF ALL EVILS." Gen. John Stark. "by reason of much foule weather and Extreme Bad Woods to travel in..." From the letter of my Great Uncle, Samuel Willard (accompanied by my grandfather Henry), to Governor Dummer on August 16, 1725, explaining the reason for his return, being instructed to "range all the country", of the Wawobadenik (White Mountains) July 19-August 16, 1725. I am a 13th generation New Englander and proud of it.

Thanks

Thanks for the info FisherCat.It sounds like they really are a great bunch.

Anna

Thanks

No new pix, but cute story.

I switch the cats to wet food at night (still dry in the morn) They INHALE it....I barely get a chance to put it in the bowl. When I pop the tin, Riley HOWLS...lol, we think he is part Siamese.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MelNino View Post
    No new pix, but cute story.

I switch the cats to wet food at night (still dry in the morn) They INHALE it....I barely get a chance to put it in the bowl. When I pop the tin, Riley HOWLS...lol, we think he is part Siamese.
    That's a great story MelNino!I know when I shake the Temptations Treat bag my Calico Aimee and her son Sunny come running to the dish to eat.

P.S. Send more pictures when you can.

Anna

Thanks

My wife came home today for lunch and saw that one of the local outdoor cats we feed had shown up with her two kittens, both of whom were shivering badly. It was only 9F here today. She brought them all in and now we have three more cats in the family.

Mark
    Randomography
    MJ Pics

Thanks

Mark, that photo is adorable!

My parents had the same thing happen to them last year. A stray mama showed up in their garage with two tiny kittens in tow. It was winter and close to zero outside. My parents took them in, and now they have seven cats instead of four. Luckily, they have a large house and a lot of love to go around.

Thanks

Aww, they are all so adorable....

Thanks

Mark, they are so cute!!! That was a very nice thing you and your wife did for them. Please send some more pictures when you get the chance.
    Bob

I never want to see a day
    That's over forty degrees
    I'd rather have it thirty,
    Twenty, ten, five and let it freeeeEEEEEEeeze!

My Seek the Peak 2014 Photo Set

Thanks

Smile

Mark they are beautiful.You and your wife have BIG HEARTS.Thanks for saving them.I'm sure they will have a terrific life with your family.And yes,MORE PICTURES.

Anna

Thanks

Ohhhhh Kittens...tooo cute

(this was typed as Ri tried to cuddle.....its cold today!)