Thread: Ryans coment 11-8

Thanks

Default Ryans coment 11-8

Ryan you said that when you go out at night you have a 2 way radio to call for help ,who is on the other end .

im glad that nothing ever happened to the night workers .i would have thought there would be something different as a safety like a dead man alarm .
    You hit it when you go out and if you dont get back in to turn it off it sounds an alarm after a set time so it tells the others that are sleeping some thing is wrong

just an idea
    i am a Summit Club member
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/new pictures and videos

If your not a OBS member yet then what are you waiting for

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Ryan you said that when you go out at night you have a 2 way radio to call for help ,who is on the other end .
    If I feel going out will be too dangerous (mostly winds over 100 mph sustained than anything else), I will give a radio to one of the day observers. If I really don't feel comfortable, I will ask someone (interns usually) to stay up until after the 1 am synoptic or if they wouldn't mind waking up briefly for it. Out of all the years working here, I only feared for my life twice and regreted not waking anyone up: once when experiencing winds over 100 mph for the first time as an intern on an icy deck and the night when winds reached 158 mph.
    Ryan Knapp
    Staff Meteorologist/Night Observer, KMWN (Mt Washington Obs., NH)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Knapper View Post
    If I feel going out will be too dangerous (mostly winds over 100 mph sustained than anything else), I will give a radio to one of the day observers. If I really don't feel comfortable, I will ask someone (interns usually) to stay up until after the 1 am synoptic or if they wouldn't mind waking up briefly for it. Out of all the years working here, I only feared for my life twice and regreted not waking anyone up: once when experiencing winds over 100 mph for the first time as an intern on an icy deck and the night when winds reached 158 mph.
    thats good i dont know what its like out there but if all of you feel safe then thats good
    just looking out for you night workers

thanks for clearing it up
    i am a Summit Club member
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/new pictures and videos

If your not a OBS member yet then what are you waiting for