Thread: Going to Mount Washington tomorrow 11/12-11/15

Thanks

Default Going to Mount Washington tomorrow 11/12-11/15

Hello,

This is my first post on this forum and I just had a few questions.

As the title states I am heading up to Mount Washington tomorrow until Sunday. I have been there once before two years ago and took a 3-day mountaineering course. Unfortunately we did not get to summit but I have been wanting to go back ever since. I had a few questions that maybe some people here can help me with.

I am going alone because I do not have a partner nor can I afford a private guide. Is there anyone who might be bored that day or days and want to come with me to climb? Last time I was there we went up the Lion's Head trail and had to use crampons but that was in February. Will I need them this time around? Ice axe? Is there anywhere I can camp cheaply that is close to the Pinkham notch visitor center so I can get an early start? Is there anywhere I can park and sleep in my car? I know Walmart allows this but how far is the closest one to the visitor center(where I will start the climb)? Any other recommendations on easier or safer routes would be a plus. Thanks for all replies and information!!

Thanks

I'm heading up after lunch today. I'm going to stay at Hermit Lakes Shelters for the night and take Tucks up toward the summit. If you see the weather report here on MWO, it is supposed to be clear today and tomorrow with some chance of precip over the weekend. There is little to no snow on the ground today, so crampons are probably overkill, but who knows what the weekend brings. I'm packing for cold and snow, but not bringing snowshoes.

I may not summit (but probably will) because I just want to check out the South (or is it East) trails around the ravines. See you on the rock!

Thanks

My wife and I will be up tomorrow. Heading to Hermit lake tomorrow afternoon for a Hike up top on Sat, then back out on Sunday. Guess we'll see you up that way.

Thanks

I wish I was going back...