Thread: Mts Willard, Avalon, Tom, and Field

Thanks

Default Mts Willard, Avalon, Tom, and Field

Well, just got back from our stay in Lincoln. I thought we'd only get one hike in, we got three! Yup, my leg is healed and I am hiking again. Without getting overly dramatic, dang it feels good to be be back

On Nov 9, we got Willard:

Nice lil mountain, I loved the summit....enough room to skip around. Will try in snow. We had great weather and amazing views. Easy jaunt up and down....I was happy, since both myself and my boyfriend haven't been hiking much.

On the 10th, we got Avalon:

LOVED this mountain...pity it was so cloudy, but it was great fun. Some tricky parts, but I have been out of hiking for a few months. Good views, but the clouds of course didn't help. Guess I'll have to return......

On the 13th, we got Mt Tom, Mt Field, and Mt Avalon! We actually only planned to get Tom, but since it was such a lovely day and we were so close, why not get Field? And since Avalon was on the way...well, we had to!!
    View From Tom
    Tom's summit...it was really windy!!!!!
    We'll go there next time

Summit of Field
    Pearl Cascade on the descent
    Beecher Cascade

Overall, an awesome trip, though I am bummed to be back. At least I am hiking again, and already have plans for next time. When we go in spring, we're gonna throw in Willey, we just didn't think we had enough time this trip. 3 4000' down!!!

I have more pix on my Facebook page, if anyone is interested, just PM me. ( I have to keep the profile private because if work, ha!)

Oh, and I was annoyed there were no summit signs on Avalon, Tom, or Field, lol....I love those summit sign pix! Oh well

Thanks

Very nice TR and photos! That's great that you're back out and hiking. Thanks for sharing.
    Bob

I never want to see a day
    That's over forty degrees
    I'd rather have it thirty,
    Twenty, ten, five and let it freeeeEEEEEEeeze!

My Seek the Peak 2013 Photo Set

Thanks

Thumbs up

Glad to see you had such a good time.Nice to be back isn't it.

Thanks for the TR and photos.

Anna

Thanks

Great trip report and pics. Thanks for sharing. I am getting the urge to get back out for a hike now.