Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Top 9 (photos) of '09...

Thanks

Default Your Top 9 (photos) of '09...

One of my favorite things to do on this site is to read trip reports and view the pictures that people take of the sights that speak to them outside, on the trails and in the mountains. And there are some gems on here. Everyone who takes a camera with them inevitably comes back with special shots that makes others stop and take in the view right with the photographer. Photos on this site have conjured up a multitude of emotional responses, memories and inspirations.

As we are now a week before the holidays, when I turn off the computer and put away the hiking boots for a bit to be with family and friends for a time, I would invite everyone to post their 9 favorite photos of 2009, and perhaps some background as to where, when and why!? If you don't have nine...share a few with us!

The end of the year is a great time to recollect, reflect and resolve. Here's a thread to the memories of 2009 and a beautiful 2010!

(note: To save the servers, please post links, or embed images hosten on other sites!)

I'll post mine in a bit!
    "I've learned that everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but that all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it."
    ~Andy Rooney

Follow my photography on Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jim-Sa...y/156147782386

Thanks

Great thread. Can't wait to see everybody's photos. As Jim mentioned, it is best to use a photo hosting site and embed the images. Not only is it best, it is pretty much the only way to do it since you can't attach an image much bigger than a thumbnail here.
    Bill
    Next up: Vermont City Marathon: May, 2011
    EasternLight

Thanks

Do they have to be White Mountain hike pics?
    Mark
    Randomography
    MJ Pics

Thanks

OK Jim, I'll start with one. First, you could always divide it into categories (why not make it complicated) like, floral, mountains, water - in its various forms (ice,snow,rain, rivers, brooks,falls, etc), animal, and other, or even people!

Here's one similar to what I posted on another site. A hike to Waumbek in early July was done in the rain but offered some good shots of bunchberry:

"LIVE FREE OR DIE...DEATH IS NOT THE WORST OF ALL EVILS." Gen. John Stark. "by reason of much foule weather and Extreme Bad Woods to travel in..." From the letter of my Great Uncle, Samuel Willard (accompanied by my grandfather Henry), to Governor Dummer on August 16, 1725, explaining the reason for his return, being instructed to "range all the country", of the Wawobadenik (White Mountains) July 19-August 16, 1725. I am a 13th generation New Englander and proud of it.

Thanks

Default Pics

Mark- Nothin' says they have to be White Mountain related.

Scott- 8 more to go!

Mine soon!

KDT

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KD Talbot View Post
    Scott- 8 more to go!

KDT
    OK , Kevin here's two more. My only goal is to get some up before you, Jim, and Patrick do because after that my will look lame. After all, I've had this camera 2 years and just figured out/ started to use its floral macro.

This is another one for Floral, a shot from the Waumbek hike of some Wood Sorrel:

I guess this would fall under Mountains.This is a sun corridor shot in the early AM while going up Crawford Path in September:

Last edited by FisherCat; 12-17-2009 at 03:16 PM. Reason: added the name of another great WM photographer
    "LIVE FREE OR DIE...DEATH IS NOT THE WORST OF ALL EVILS." Gen. John Stark. "by reason of much foule weather and Extreme Bad Woods to travel in..." From the letter of my Great Uncle, Samuel Willard (accompanied by my grandfather Henry), to Governor Dummer on August 16, 1725, explaining the reason for his return, being instructed to "range all the country", of the Wawobadenik (White Mountains) July 19-August 16, 1725. I am a 13th generation New Englander and proud of it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
    Do they have to be White Mountain hike pics?
    Mine aren't going to be....
    "I've learned that everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but that all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it."
    ~Andy Rooney

Follow my photography on Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jim-Sa...y/156147782386

Thanks

Default Sun Corridor

Scott- I was thinking of that very picture when I said, "8 more!"

KDT

Thanks

I just looked - I took about 4,300 pictures in 2009 - it will take me a while to pick 9 favorites! :-)

Thanks

Wow, there are too many to chose from that I love. All of you take such beautiful pictures.

Patricks picture of Richard I love and the one of him trying to catch a still of an autumn leaf falling. All of his moose and wildlife pictures are Great!!