Looking back on TrishandAlex's thread from last year, it seems like its time to start a similar thread for 2010.
Those who posted their goals, how'd you do? What's your goals for the upcoming year?
2010 Hiking Goals
- March 2010, Georgia hike on the A.T.
- June 2010, Return to Yosemite NP to hike Mt Dana (first 13k+ peak) and Half Dome again
- July 2010, Seek the Peak, Mt Washington, NH
- Sept 2010, Flag on the 48, NH
- Weekends hikes in the Shenandoah NP, George Washington NF, Dolly Sods WV
I'm also researching hikes in Newfoundland, Canada and Zion NP, but don't know if I'll get those in this year.
I'm also planning on becoming involved in my local ATC chapter on trail crews or shelter building to start earning my "good trail karma" in preparation for a possible thru-hike in 2011.
Considering taking courses to get my Winderness First Aid certification that is needed for some mountaineering courses and thinking about trying to do some trail guide volunteering.
For 2009, I was able to check off a good amount of my goals:
- ACCOMPLISHED! Yosemite National Park to hike up Half Dome, Clouds Rest and other spots. Looking at spending several days in the park backcountry hiking/camping.
- A winter/snow hike of Mount Washington. Not sure when yet.
- ACCOMPLISHED! Seek the Peak 09
- ACCOMPLISHED! Start section hiking the Appalachian Trail.
- I'd love to do a Presidential Traverse at some point this year.
- ACCOMPLISHED! I'm sure I'll spend some time in the Shenandoah National Park which is pretty much my backyard.