Thread: March Edutrip: Alpine Culinary: The Challenges of Cooking at High Altitudes...

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default March Edutrip: Alpine Culinary: The Challenges of Cooking at High Altitudes...

FYI - Fellow volunteer Chef John Bauhs will be hosting an Edutrip in mid-March, titled "Alpine Culinary: The Challenges of High Altitudes and High Attitudes in the Kitchen"

During this trip, you can learn many of the tricks and techniques that John and I used to prepare the 9 course New Year's Eve meal that Ryan wrote a comment about.

You can read more and sign up here. Check the front page for the pictures that I took (included in Ryan's comment).

Ed

Thanks

Wow - looks like it was quite the gourmet feast!! Great work Ed and John. I'd love to do the culinary edu-trip (and any other winter edu-trip for that matter) but not sure the logistics will work this year <sigh>.
    Mark

Keep close to Nature's heart...
    and break clear away, once in awhile,
    and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods.
    Wash your spirit clean. - John Muir

Hiking photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/mtruman42
    Hiking Blog: http://theramblingsblog.blogspot.com/
    Seek the 2011 Peak page: Mark Truman's Pledge Page

Thanks

Default Alpine Culinary Edutrip

Greetings,

Chef John here encouraging all forum members to consider joining Ed O'Malley and myself on the summit March 18 and 19 for the cooking edutrip. We'll discuss the challenges of cooking at altitude, learn some new cooking techniques, eat great food, and spend time exploring the wonderful spaces outside on the summit. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about this fun edutrip!

Chef John Bauhs