Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Share Your STP 10 Donation Ideas

Thanks

As promised.... picked up a package at the post office today.

For those interested, 100 cards + Card Holder + Shipping = $30.98. Card stock is nice and thick, print quality is excellent. If anyone is interested in ordering their own, my order came with some 15% off coupons for first time buyers. PM/IM/FB me and let me know and I'll give you the code.

Hrmm.. what's in the box?

Oooo... who's the stud in the kilt?

The full selection of cards along with the back side for sample. (Click for larger view)

Slick little card holder that comes with key ring, conveniently in STP orange!

Quarter and my REI membership card shown for scale.

Last edited by BlueDog; 01-21-2010 at 07:08 PM.
    Summit Club Member
    Seek the Peak 11
    Seek the Peak 10: Lions Head/Tuckermans Ravine
    Seek the Peak 09: Boot Spur (redux)
    Seek the Peak 08: Huntington Ravine
    Seek the Peak 07: Tuckermans Ravine/Lions Head
    My 48: Washington (07/07, 07/08, 07/09, 09/09, 07/10), Lafayette (08/08, 08/09), Lincoln (08/08, 08/09), Pierce (07/10), Carrigain (09/10), Cannon (10/10), Jackson (11/10), Field (11/10), Tom (01/11)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueDog For This Useful Post:

fifteendays (01-23-2010)

Thanks

Very nice cards Erich! They really turned out nice. Good luck handing them out. I hope they drive a lot of sponsors to your pledge page.
    Bob

I never want to see a day
    That's over forty degrees
    I'd rather have it thirty,
    Twenty, ten, five and let it freeeeEEEEEEeeze!

My Seek the Peak 2014 Photo Set

Thanks

Those are pretty slick. I may need to look at the web site.

Thanks

Default Way cool!

Looks like I could clip them on my pack and hand them out to people I meet on the trail for the next few months?

I've seen the business cards, they are jaw-dropping!

Great idea, Erich!

KDT
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. The Following User Says Thank You to KD Talbot For This Useful Post:

Charlie (01-22-2010)

Thanks

Default Nice!

These are really slick, Erich. Hope they generate some interest for you!

(And from a designer geek standpoint, I LOVE the packaging!!)
    Cara Rudio
    Marketing & Communications Coordinator
    Mount Washington Observatory

8. The Following User Says Thank You to crudio For This Useful Post:

BlueDog (01-22-2010)

Thanks

I just got done ordering my cards. However my darn name was to long in my web address to put the stp logo on . Due in March 3rd.

Thanks

Sweet! We'll have to save some for trading at the dinner party in July.

And you should have let me know, I still got discount codes for them! :P
    Summit Club Member
    Seek the Peak 11
    Seek the Peak 10: Lions Head/Tuckermans Ravine
    Seek the Peak 09: Boot Spur (redux)
    Seek the Peak 08: Huntington Ravine
    Seek the Peak 07: Tuckermans Ravine/Lions Head
    My 48: Washington (07/07, 07/08, 07/09, 09/09, 07/10), Lafayette (08/08, 08/09), Lincoln (08/08, 08/09), Pierce (07/10), Carrigain (09/10), Cannon (10/10), Jackson (11/10), Field (11/10), Tom (01/11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CHRIS View Post
    I just got done ordering my cards. However my darn name was to long in my web address to put the stp logo on . Due in March 3rd.
    Excellent Chris! Be sure to post a picture of yours when they come in. This will make three of us handing out cards.
    Bob

Thanks

I made some minor wording and layout changes that those who I have given a few to suggested. They are being well received.

(Click for larger view)
    Last edited by Snow Miser; 01-23-2010 at 09:13 AM.
    Bob

Thanks

Great ideas guys! I'm going to have to get one or the other form of cards. I have to say that I really like the ones from moo.

Here's a few more fundraising ideas to consider:

Send emails to people who would have some kind of connection to the OBS based on their interests, background or jobs. This is not just for people that you know personally. Be sure to appeal to their particular connection. For example, last year I sent emails to all of our local TV meteorologists. The specific part of the plea that I used with them was:
    As a New England meteorologist you obviously know about the Observatory and the great work they have been doing for more than 75 years in weather and climate research. You may not be aware of the breadth of their wonderful education programs which most recently have been expanded to include a distance learning program designed for grades 4-12 that will take classes to the summit of Mount Washington and into the observatory's weather center via interactive video conferencing. All of these programs are funded by the contributions of MWO members and through fund raising events like this one. We're trying to help them to keep these programs alive and successful.
    Other good candidates for this would be local school teachers and school officials (highlighting the distance learning program). This could be your kids teachers or could just be a list of science teachers, principals, etc that you could find from school web sites.

Try getting some local business to sponsor you. This doesn't have to be financial sponsorship. See if a local store, bar, restaurant, etc would be willing to put up a poster for STP in their establishment with your pledge link on it (and possibly allow people to make cash donations that they would collect for you). You could spend some time at the location as well doing personal solicitation.

You could also try to find a local store, supermarket, etc that would let you set up a fundraising table outside (like many other non-profits do). People will almost always drop something in the box and if you can get to talk to some of them and explain the cause you may get bigger donations.

Provide some service for people in exchange for donations. I can't take credit for this idea. Erich (Bluedog) came up with this last year and got donations from people at sports car club events (I think that's right) that he did photography for. On a similar approach Charlie's idea of auctioning off the painting is awesome.

Find a local group that you could do a talk for about the OBS and your previous STP experience. A school, retirement home, outdoor club (local AMC chapter), etc would be good candidates. Offer to do a 1/2 hour talk and slide show and then make the pitch for donations for the next event.

See if you can find any methods for getting matching funds. This could be from some philanthropic organizations or even from your employer. My company provides several opportunities for people that do volunteer work including providing a day off each year for volunteerism and a "dollars for doers" program in which they will give $250 to an organization that an employee does at least 25 hours of volunteer work for in the course of the year.

I'm sure there are many other good ideas out there as well. Let's keep building this list and make this an over the top fundraising year for STP10!!!
    Mark

Keep close to Nature's heart...
    and break clear away, once in awhile,
    and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods.
    Wash your spirit clean. - John Muir

Hiking photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/mtruman42
    Hiking Blog: http://theramblingsblog.blogspot.com/
    Seek the 2011 Peak page: Mark Truman's Pledge Page

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mtruman For This Useful Post:

BlueDog (01-26-2010), fifteendays (01-25-2010)