Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: re seek the peak article

Thanks

Default re seek the peak article

hello Everyone,

This past summer I participated in Seek the peak and enjoyed it very much. I raised 250 $ for the observatory.

Anyway, I am trying to write an article about the event. I was wondering if any of you are also participants or perhaps may have participated in the event multiple times.

If you are willing, I'd like to have a brief correspondence/interview with you via email or phone. I am interested in why you enjoy and support the event, what you personally got out of it, the social aspects, and so forth. I would be interested in communicating both with observatory staff members and seek the peek hikers. I am especially interested in hearing how the event has changed over the years and what brings new people in.

Thank you so much,

David

PS Feel free to reply here or to private message. Any contact info should be sent via private message.

Thanks

This year will be my 4th STP event. I come up from Virginia just to hike it.

There is a forum just for Seek the Peak here that you may find more responses in, along with individual reports from many of us on our hikes, along with pictures, etc.
    Summit Club Member
    Seek the Peak 11
    Seek the Peak 10: Lions Head/Tuckermans Ravine
    Seek the Peak 09: Boot Spur (redux)
    Seek the Peak 08: Huntington Ravine
    Seek the Peak 07: Tuckermans Ravine/Lions Head
    My 48: Washington (07/07, 07/08, 07/09, 09/09, 07/10), Lafayette (08/08, 08/09), Lincoln (08/08, 08/09), Pierce (07/10), Carrigain (09/10), Cannon (10/10), Jackson (11/10), Field (11/10), Tom (01/11)

Thanks

Default Stp

I've been doing it with my wife and dog since its 2nd year. It's an annual pilgrimage we make. It has really grown since our first STP. Over the years many of the folks on this forum have joined us in making it an annual event.

For myself the reasons for doing it are varied, but mostly it is to give back to an Organization which has provided me, free of charge, with up to date weather reports which are invaluable in our mountain trip planning.

Beyond that, I have made many new friends and met some great people through this event. The mountain has become a passion of mine and it is always good to find people that share your interests.

Feel free to PM me and we can correspond.

KDT

Thanks

My wife and I have done STP the last two years and our daughter joined us this year. It has been one of the top highlights of our hiking year both times.

We do it both because we love the hike and because the OBS is such a wonderful cause to support. It's also a great way to get together with many of our forum friends in person (on the trail, at the registration event, the dinner and the campground where many of us stay).

I'd also be glad to correspond with you with more details. PM me for my contact info.
    Mark

Keep close to Nature's heart...
    and break clear away, once in awhile,
    and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods.
    Wash your spirit clean. - John Muir

Hiking photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/mtruman42
    Hiking Blog: http://theramblingsblog.blogspot.com/
    Seek the 2011 Peak page: Mark Truman's Pledge Page

Thanks

STP 09 was the first year that I was able to participate in this really nice event. The Obs is a good cause, and I really look forward to doing it again this year. It was very nice to meet alot of the good people here on the forums, and I look forward to meeting them again, and many more this year. Feel free to PM me too. I will help you in any way I can.
    Bob

I never want to see a day
    That's over forty degrees
    I'd rather have it thirty,
    Twenty, ten, five and let it freeeeEEEEEEeeze!

My Seek the Peak 2014 Photo Set

Thanks

Default hey guys!

I have tried to contact each of you, well most of you, via private message. Something seems odd, in that the message disappears into the ether and doesn't appear in my sent folder. So I don't know if you ever got messages or not. KD Talbot did get my message and has responded.

Moreover, when I made the original post I could not find it for a day or so and then it appeared. In the chance event any moderator reads this could he/she please tell me what's happening? I have only recently registered and this thread is my first post.

David

Thanks

First posts are always delayed for a period to check if they are spammers. After that they should appear in realtime. At least that is how I understand it I can't speak to your issues with PM

See
    http://www.mountwashington.org/forum...ead.php?t=1164

for the official scoop.
    Last edited by Patrad Fischroy; 01-14-2010 at 09:47 AM.

Thanks

2010 will be my third STP and god willing my wifes 1st. I look forward to hiking it every year and I plan on doing the hike as long as I can. I have been drawn to Mt. Washington since I was a little kid. There is something very special about being on the summit. I really believe in what they do @ the Obs. PLease feel free to pm me any questions you may have.

Thanks

Daivd, Got both your PMs. Just need to find a break in my day to reply to you.

Hopefully you're planning on making it to STP10!
    Summit Club Member
    Seek the Peak 11
    Seek the Peak 10: Lions Head/Tuckermans Ravine
    Seek the Peak 09: Boot Spur (redux)
    Seek the Peak 08: Huntington Ravine
    Seek the Peak 07: Tuckermans Ravine/Lions Head
    My 48: Washington (07/07, 07/08, 07/09, 09/09, 07/10), Lafayette (08/08, 08/09), Lincoln (08/08, 08/09), Pierce (07/10), Carrigain (09/10), Cannon (10/10), Jackson (11/10), Field (11/10), Tom (01/11)

Thanks

Default problem solved

Turns out I had to check a box to have sent message saved in sent folder. So I guess all is working after all.

David