Thread: Aircraft on the Summit

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Aircraft on the Summit

Years ago I read in a flying magazine about a pilot that used to fly supplies up to the observatory. Can't remember much about the article except that he made many successful landings and only one Oh _ _ _ _. Does anyone know the facts?

Thanks

It was in weatherwise magazine a few years back. Here's the abstract!

http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/weatherw...ips+to+the+Top
    "I've learned that everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but that all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it."
    ~Andy Rooney

Follow my photography on Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jim-Sa...y/156147782386

Thanks

Default Aircraft on summit

Cool! Thanks for the name. There is a good article on him in Windswept Magazine 2006. Came up with many hits using the spelling Carmen Onofrio. Thankyou!
    Last edited by hague8; 02-03-2010 at 06:56 PM.

Thanks

Default I saw the flying post

Hello my name is Dennis....I saw this post on flying and thought it would be a great place to start. I have a photo of my grandfather standing inside the helicopter landing pad atop the Mtn. Let me rephrase that... Inside the framework for the landing pad... Reverse side is claiming him as head engineer of the project... I do not have photo in front of me now ...as I am on vacation here in Glen......His name is Herbert Merrill... Would anyone have any info on any of this...I am very proud of him and would love to know anything.
    Thank you if you read this whole thread...