Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: STP 10 places your staying

Thanks

I apologize for the late jump into the thread! Haven't been on in awhile! We're at Moose Brook Friday through Monday.

We WILL BE at Kevin's after-party this year.

Valerie

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tim&Val For This Useful Post:

Charlie (07-05-2010)

Thanks

Has anyone stayed at the Joe Dodge lodge, I was thinking about sleeping in the van at Pinkham Notch, but I've heard rummors they don't appreciate that...thoughts and input are appreciated. I did a hotel last year, wanted to rough it a little more this year. I'm going to the concert, so I don't figure a camp ground is a viable option.

Thanks
    Chris

Thanks

Hi Chris -
    Some may disagree with me or have more experience with this and of course they will chime in but, staying at Joe Dodge and sleeping in a van are two different things. I'm not 100% sure but, I don't think they would appreciate someone sleeping in their parking lot especially since there will be a flurry of activity in the morning. There is always the chance they won't notice or care though.

Have you looked into area campgrounds since they are roughly $20 a night. Sounds like you need a place to sleep before and after STP.

Just a thought
    Club Member, Mt Washington Observatory
    ~ Everything happens in it's own time ~

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BAXTERCA2 For This Useful Post:

BanjoChris (07-16-2010)

Thanks

Speaking from experience... they do NOT let you sleep in your vehicle in the lot at PNVC. Last year we tried sneaking into the lot late Friday night and quickly crashing in the van. Soon came a knock on the window that we had to go, no matter if we were planning to nap just an hour or a couple hours. Something to do with State Park rules. The same gentleman did advise us that if we got out on the main road, drove 1/2 mile down to the pull off on the side of the road, there was no issues if we slept there.
    Summit Club Member
    Seek the Peak 11
    Seek the Peak 10: Lions Head/Tuckermans Ravine
    Seek the Peak 09: Boot Spur (redux)
    Seek the Peak 08: Huntington Ravine
    Seek the Peak 07: Tuckermans Ravine/Lions Head
    My 48: Washington (07/07, 07/08, 07/09, 09/09, 07/10), Lafayette (08/08, 08/09), Lincoln (08/08, 08/09), Pierce (07/10), Carrigain (09/10), Cannon (10/10), Jackson (11/10), Field (11/10), Tom (01/11)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueDog For This Useful Post:

BanjoChris (07-16-2010)

Thanks

We've stayed at Joe Dodge and it's nice. Not cheap though. The room price includes dinner and breakfast (and the food is always good). Be sure to call since they are likely booked up - particularly on STP weekend. The option that BlueDog mentions may be best if you are really OK with sleeping in the car.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mtruman For This Useful Post:

BanjoChris (07-16-2010)

Thanks

I bit the bullet and booked a room at Eastern Inns...I got too much work on my mind to worry about accomodations in the whites...

Thanks all!!!

Chris